Play-off SF Leg 1: Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

CumbrianRam

If we score from outside the box it counts as two goals

also if we score a header in the 6 yeard box the game is extened by 5 minutes

And if we take more away fans than the Gumps we get a 2 goal head start

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough with this playing for a draw nonsense. Let's go down there, get at them and come away with a 3-1 win. Jesus. We are an attacking team. A much better one now we have Thorne in the side, Hendrick is back, Ward and Dawkins are fit and Russel is scoring goals. 

I've read in a number of places, from Brighton fans mostly: 'we play the same type of football' 

I just wanted to clarify, we absolutely do not. The only similarities between our style and theirs is the short passing game. It literally starts and stops there.

They're a side that like to park the bus, they've got an outlet upfront in Ulloa, who I have no doubts will cause us problems, and they've got two sitting midfielders with, usuaully, three attacking midfielders - from what I can gather.

Brighton have conceded 40 goals this season, 12 less than us - I'm guessing since Steve came in, our goals conceded records are quite similar, but I haven't checked.

We've scored 84 (the league's highest) and they've scored 55 - 6 more than relegated Barnsley.

We're going to come up against a side that are literally going to park the bus and hit us on the counter. Whilst we're, unquestionably, going to go straight out attack. Which I believe is the correct thing to do. 

If they're going to let us attack, or have the space then don't be scared to bite their hand off - they might hurt us on the break, but, we could equally have the tie sewn up in the first leg. It's going to be an interesting one. Plus, against us they've had less of the ball - which put Brighton out of their comfort zone. 

Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 0 Derby County.

Ulloa 56. 

Saying that, I think we could lose 1-0 Thursday, Ulloa header. I think that result would still favour us with the second leg at home - they'd have to come and defend a 1-0 lead at the iPro, not a chance. 

Archived