Play-off SF Leg 1: Brighton & Hove Albion v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Thursday 8th May 1945 hrs @ Amex Stadium.

So the 46 game regular season is now irrelevant, now into the "Lottery" of the promotional play-offs.

In the league Derby beat Brighton 2-1 away and 1-0 at home, so that would be a 3-1 aggregate win, however this means nothing.

Rarely for the third placed team, Derby are the form team and I am in supremely confident mood ahead of this and a draw in the game wouldn't be a bad result.

Even a draw wouldn't be a bad result in this leg, as the Football League have thankfully not introduced the away goals rule, probably one the biggest jokes in football.

Armchair fans (like me), this like all the play-off games is on Sky Sports so there will be plenty of streams etc.

Sky Sports 1 for this one.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less of this talk about a draw, we are the superior team and squad with the better manager - we should be looking to win both games. 2-1 to us away and 3-1 to us at home, Bryson fgs away and Russell fgs at home. Capacity crowds for both.

as the 46 game season is now an irrelevance does that also mean the prediction league starts again for the play offs ;-)

Brighton 2-1 Derby

We'll do them at home.

I'd be massively shocked if Brighton made the final instead of us, and it would partly be a massive injustice as we've been far the better team over the season.

85 points with a +32 GD - you'd expect that to be from a winner or at the very least a very good second.

Hope the best team wins and both games are good. The Seagulls fans I know are a great bunch. Well done to them, I think their winner was in the 92min. Nice also to send Florist off with a home defeat!

I am going for 1-1 with Bryson getting the first goal.

Hope the best team wins and both games are good. The Seagulls fans I know are a great bunch. Well done to them, I think their winner was in the 92min. Nice also to send Florist off with a home defeat!

I am going for 1-1 with Bryson getting the first goal.

Enough of this peace and goodwill to all fella....... let's grind the Brighton into their south coast beach :blink:

Archived