Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well , I for one hope Sheffield United beat Charlton on Sunday ..

I would rather Chris Powell won that match up. He is a player of whom I have fond memories of at Derby and was a top guy too.

Always remember him in the pre match training on his return to Derby and pulling out a Derby shirt with Powell 3 on the back and giving it a young lad in the crowd.

Can we have a Phil Brown and John Gregory thread so we can analyse how they are doing at Southend and Crawley respectively?

And discuss whether we should have kept them over and over again?

Yes, sure you know how to create a thread.

Not sure why you find it any different to having a thread about Chris Martin and discussing whether it was a dive or a penalty over and over again?

Isn't that the whole point of a forum? If there is a thread I have no interest in I don't look at it. I find that much easier and much more constructive than wasting mine and everyone else's time by going into the thread just to tell everyone I don't like it.

League One manager of the month award.

That's them out of the cup then.

I think it would r a nice footballing story if Sheffield United got promoted, or at least have themselves a shot by getting into the play offs, from such a crappy position that they were in. I like footballing stories. There may be similar footballing stories to follow, but I've picked up on this one and decided to follow it. So I will be following Sheffield United results for the rest of the season, until the story becomes boring and I can't be arsed any more.

And it shows proof that a change of managers at the right time can be a good move. When people talk about sacking a manger, we often think about the fate of wolves after Mick McCarthy, or the preposterous merry go round at Forest. But sometimes it can work. And kudos goes to the people who make those decisions at the right time.

Everyone's a winner here. I would live to have seen Nigel succeed here, yes, more do because if his name. Another good footballing story that would have made. He didn't get us promoted, but he did alright. But now we're doing better and do is he. I'd like to think its one if those break ups where it's a bit painful at first, but after a while everyone realised it's for the best, and we can all just get on and be happy for each other.

I look forward to when he comes back in a competitive match. Of course well win, but I hope he'd get a good reception.

Does anyone else think that we should sack McLaren and bring Clough back?

No....

Just mcsilks then.

:D 

Side splltting stuff there Bris.

I'm led to believe that the job Clough is doing is deemed more as 'par' than 'great', 'awesome', 'amazing' or 'excellent' in terms of the league.

I’m led to believe that for every drop of rain that falls a flower grows...

Four wishes for the next year...

1. Derby get promoted to the Premier League

2. Forest don't

3. Sheffield United get promoted to the Championship

4. Sheffield United silence the N-L-N chants as they do the double over Forest.

I hadn't realised until I read a BBC article today about their FA cup game, the Blades have only conceded  one goal in their current 8 game winning streak. Nothing to do with the 'debate' but quite an impressive statistic nevertheless. Carry on ...

I wonder how Clough would have got on here with the current backroom staff?

He was a bit cautious tactically I think. Not seen United play but he needs to shake off that 'don't lose' attitude. I hope he has. It held him back here.

I hadn't realised until I read a BBC article today about their FA cup game, the Blades have only conceded  one goal in their current 8 game winning streak. Nothing to do with the 'debate' but quite an impressive statistic nevertheless. Carry on ...

That'll be Nigel's ultra negative defensive tactics that a certain poster likes to refer to.

League One manager of the month award.

Yes, but that's only 'par' according to Mostyn, therefore he should win it every month.

Archived