Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Nigel, he's hot them flying at the moment and if they keep it up a play off place could be in sight.!

Having said that, Our Schteve is a lot better manager. End of...

Seeing as Peterborough are in utter free fall at the moment and have lost their last 5 or 6 games yet still lie 6th, I'd tend to agree, because Sheffield United are now only 3 points off 7th place.

I haven't seen Sheff Utd play for about 6 years. Why would I want to?

I'm just messing around with mcsilks that's all. I have no idea how Sheff Utd are playing, whether it's defensive football or freeflowing samba style football I don't really care so much.

If mcsilks wants to post about Clough then he is entitled to. It will obviously get alot of attention, because everyone is pretty sick of still seeing his name despite him leaving 6 months ago.

I can guarantee one thing though. If his name was Nigel Smith there wouldn't be any threads of this nature whatsoever.

My feeling exactly

I'm just messing around with mcsilks that's all. I have no idea how Sheff Utd are playing, whether it's defensive football or freeflowing samba style football I don't really care so much.

If mcsilks wants to post about Clough then he is entitled to. It will obviously get alot of attention, because everyone is pretty sick of still seeing his name despite him leaving 6 months ago.

I can guarantee one thing though. If his name was Nigel Smith there wouldn't be any threads of this nature whatsoever. 

Because you like watching football matches?

I watched the highlights of their FA Cup match with Forest and was quite surprised by what I saw.

Don't understand the problem with discussing our old manager, there is a thread on ex players which mentions people who did a lot less for the club than Nigel Clough yet I have seen nobody asking for that thread to be closed down.

I have always maintained that the name Clough means nothing to me. It really doesn't. 

I wasn't a fan of his father and in the time that I started following the Rams, always associated Brian Clough with Nottingham Forest. I found him to be an unpleasant individual.

So I have rather proven your point wrong there. I couldn't care less if his name were Nigel Clough or Sheila Scurvey.

I started this thread merely to acknowledge the great job that Nigel Clough is doing with his new club. That is a relavant topic to football talk and more relevant because of his association with DCFC.

If you want to continue to pick at Clough and go on about how poor a manager he is then hopefully he will continue to prove you and all of the other people on here who don't rate him wrong. I guess if you asked any Sheffield United fan what they though about him, they would speak of him in glowing terms.

I hope we see him back at Derby sometime in the future. I would welcome him back with open arms.

I honestly believe that in 2~3 years time, Clough will be managing in the highest league of English football and probably raising a smile at those who let him go at Derby.

I have always maintained that the name Clough means nothing to me. It really doesn't.

I wasn't a fan of his father and in the time that I started following the Rams, always associated Brian Clough with Nottingham Forest. I found him to be an unpleasant individual.

So I have rather proven your point wrong there. I couldn't care less if his name were Nigel Clough or Sheila Scurvey.

I started this thread merely to acknowledge the great job that Nigel Clough is doing with his new club. That is a relavant topic to football talk and more relevant because of his association with DCFC.

If you want to continue to pick at Clough and go on about how poor a manager he is then hopefully he will continue to prove you and all of the other people on here who don't rate him wrong. I guess if you asked any Sheffield United fan what they though about him, they would speak of him in glowing terms.

I hope we see him back at Derby sometime in the future. I would welcome him back with open arms.

I honestly believe that in 2~3 years time, Clough will be managing in the highest league of English football and probably raising a smile at those who let him go at Derby.

To do that I think he will have to take a team up through The Championship, really don't see any Premier League team taking a punt on him.

Wonder if he will be dusting his trainers down for the Derby 10k next month. Know he likes to do the run......

I'm led to believe that the job Clough is doing is deemed more as 'par' than 'great', 'awesome', 'amazing' or 'excellent' in terms of the league.

He never managed to improve on his times though. :blink:

regularly beat him by more than 20+ minutes at all the ones I've done. Maybe he needs a sub late on? ;p

Archived