Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard many stories how Clough was a bully and left the likes of Legzdins and Bailey to rot in the reserves and not granting their request of a transfer. It cuts the mustard at some clubs - could say Di Canio as an extreme example but when it comes to the bigger fish egos clash with egos and everything falls to pot.

To save time, can anyone with a different opinion on Clough to McSilks just keep it to them self.

This is his thread, and only his view on the matter should be read in it.

Thanks.

And there you have it. The admin to whom I was referring earlier in the thread.

And there you have it. The admin to whom I was referring earlier in the thread.

Do you not want to debate my post? Or do you just want to have a petty point scoring, pro/anti Clough arguments where you are one or the other.

Do you not want to debate my post? Or do you just want to have a petty point scoring, pro/anti Clough arguments where you are one or the other.

Pure speculation.

I seem to remember Derby fans thinking they would have a pot of gold when the new owners came in. That didn't materialise.

I hope Clough has got some real cash to spend. He has a great record in the transfer market and deserves a club that has some ambition and financial clout.

As much as I find this whole thing pointless...

Pure speculation.

I seem to remember Derby fans thinking they would have a pot of gold when the new owners came in. That didn't materialise.

I hope Clough has got some real cash to spend. He has a great record in the transfer market and deserves a club that has some ambition and financial clout.

Funny that Derby are showing plenty of ambition now...

Great record?

If I had time to list the players he bought and were *****, I'd do it.

He's gone, he did a good job fire fighting, he couldn't take us further. Mac has, don't see why people have to defend him like he was some god? He's gone , he was never going to be here forever, he had more than enough time, he'd even offered his resignation himself a couple of times I'm lead to believe.

Move on.

Think you may be the who hasn't done your research with this comment.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/23944355

http://www.givemesport.com/412659-sheffield-united-can-expect-big-things-under-new-ownership

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-united-new-multi-millionaire-prince-2258195

Also they are reported to be paying Brayford's £18,000 a week wages. Not many teams in the championship can afford that nevermind league 1!!!

Your right the link below mentions that despite reducing the wage bill they are still one of the divisions highest spenders. Add on top his new signings and paying off Marlon King, etc and I imagine they are throwing a good chunk of money at it. 

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-u/struggling-blades-are-on-course-to-wipe-out-their-debts-1-6262989

However this is all speculative and clearly a smear campaign. 

Pure speculation.

He has said that they will do whatever they need to to get get back to the Prem. He has a 9 figure fortune so it is safe to say he will be putting money into the club greater than what they have been recently. Also look at the likes of Marlon King, Brayford they are going to be on high wages that, once again, quite a few teams in the championship could not afford.

....nigel got rid of marlon king.

I know, I don't believe that I said that. He was still signed on high wages this season. And it is response to mcsilks claiming that Sheffield United have no money to spend.

Archived