Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting to the quarter final is an achievement. I will give him that. 

As for the league position, it's expected isn't it? Their squad isn't a bottom 3 squad. Far from it. As an apparently 'hard done by' championship level manager, I think getting that squad to mid table is kind of what was expected. 

It's like when someone says "What a great save!" and then you say, if it had gone in, would you have questioned the goalkeeper? If the answer is yes, it ain't a great save then, is it? It's an industry standard save. 

Same goes to Clough in my mind. Cup run is a great achievement, because its far from expected. 

Personally I think he has found his level. Mid to top end League one manager. 

I'll be interested to see what happens next season when he is EXPECTED to win the league. 

Getting to the quarter final is an achievement. I will give him that. 

As for the league position, it's expected isn't it? Their squad isn't a bottom 3 squad. Far from it. As an apparently 'hard done by' championship level manager, I think getting that squad to mid table is kind of what was expected. 

It's like when someone says "What a great save!" and then you say, if it had gone in, would you have questioned the goalkeeper? If the answer is yes, it ain't a great save then, is it? It's an industry standard save. 

Same goes to Clough in my mind. Cup run is a great achievement, because its far from expected. 

Personally I think he has found his level. Mid to top end League one manager. 

I'll be interested to see what happens next season when he is EXPECTED to win the league.

I would offer Clough a little more than to say 'you're simply doing as expected'. He's taken a team and completely galvanised them. You can choose to dress that up how you will.

As for next season. I would say that saying Sheffield United are expected to win the league is a little like saying that Derby County are expected to win the Championship. They are a big club in terms of attendance as we are but you clearly haven't done your research. Why does that not surprise me...... Clough is going to have to unearth some lower league gems or good loans as they, like us, have no money. How that puts them in a position where as you put it they're 'expected' to win the league is beyond me.

Carry on knocking Clough for the sake of it Troy. When you get a little older and a little wiser you might well just realise that he did a little more than meets the eye at Derby.

I would offer Clough a little more than to say 'you're simply doing as expected'. He's taken a team and completely galvanised them. You can choose to dress that up how you will.

As for next season. I would say that saying Sheffield United are expected to win the league is a little like saying that Derby County are expected to win the Championship. They are a big club in terms of attendance as we are but you clearly haven't done your research. Why does that not surprise me...... Clough is going to have to unearth some lower league gems or good loans as they, like us, have no money. How that puts them in a position where as you put it they're 'expected' to win the league is beyond me.

Carry on knocking Clough for the sake of it Troy. When you get a little older and a little wiser you might well just realise that he did a little more than meets the eye at Derby.

Note to self. Don't voice an opinion on a public forum without being jumped on.

Why doesn't this surprise me.

Note to self. Don't voice an opinion on a public forum without being jumped on.

Why doesn't this surprise me.

Three words….

Single

Subject

Agenda

Right, I've come up with an idea.

It's going to take a lot of hard work to implement but I honestly think with the help of the forum I can pull this one off.

My idea is this, if you don't want to read a thread about our ex-manager don't click on a thread titled 'Nigel Clough' or Nigel Clough X'

Then the people who do want to discuss our ex-manager, who also happens to be the son of our most famous ever manager, don't have to read through 4 or 5 pages of a thread which looks like it has been written by 5 year old schoolboys.

Anyone else reckon this could work?

A little more than meets the eye? such as what? He was a manager who did an administrator's job whilst not excelling as a FOOTBALL manager.

Right, I've come up with an idea.

It's going to take a lot of hard work to implement but I honestly think with the help of the forum I can pull this one off.

My idea is this, if you don't want to read a thread about our ex-manager don't click on a thread titled 'Nigel Clough' or Nigel Clough X'

Then the people who do want to discuss our ex-manager, who also happens to be the son of our most famous ever manager, don't have to read through 4 or 5 pages of a thread which looks like it has been written by 5 year old schoolboys.

Anyone else reckon this could work?

Here ? No.

They are a big club in terms of attendance as we are but you clearly haven't done your research. Why does that not surprise me...... Clough is going to have to unearth some lower league gems or good loans as they, like us, have no money.

Think you may be the who hasn't done your research with this comment.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/23944355

http://www.givemesport.com/412659-sheffield-united-can-expect-big-things-under-new-ownership

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-united-new-multi-millionaire-prince-2258195

Also they are reported to be paying Brayford's £18,000 a week wages. Not many teams in the championship can afford that nevermind league 1!!!

Never a Shag available when you need one, and the bloody Cormorant was not the replacement I was hoping for :blink:

I prefer a shag.

Cormorants are buggers to light.

Archived