Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, but that's only 'par' according to Mostyn, therefore he should win it every month.

Par for a team of that calibre, on those wages, with those resources, at that level! They're the Leicester of that league, maybe the QPR!

How many times did he win manager of the month here at Derby?

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Par for a team of that calibre, on those wages, with those resources, at that level! They're the Leicester of that league, maybe the QPR!

I wasn't aware he did. Are you saying that taking a single, isolated fact proves anything? I'm not - apart from the fact that he's not doing bad for a non-league manager - so far - and given the mess that Danny Wilson and especially the laughable David Weir left after the wheels came off, that's slightly above 'par' in my book. It's not easy to 'turn an oil tanker around'.

I wasn't aware he did. Are you saying that taking a single, isolated fact proves anything? I'm not - apart from the fact that he's not doing bad for a non-league manager - so far - and given the mess that Danny Wilson and especially the laughable David Weir left after the wheels came off, that's slightly above 'par' in my book. It's not easy to 'turn an oil tanker around'.

Not sure Wilson left a mess. They finished 3rd in his first season lost out in the play-off final on pens having only one fit striker and then 5th last season. They were top at xmas but form slipped which cost Wilson his job they lost in the playoffs to eventually promoted Yeovil. 

Wilson's rein don't sound to bad, according to Wiki. Granted Weir was a disaster, but NC has inherited the majority of the team that finished 5th last season. 

---------------------------------------                                            --------------------------------------------------

*                                             *

*   :wacko:                                     *

---------------------------------------

Time to stop digging now.

Not sure Wilson left a mess. They finished 3rd in his first season lost out in the play-off final on pens having only one fit striker and then 5th last season. They were top at xmas but form slipped which cost Wilson his job they lost in the playoffs to eventually promoted Yeovil. 

Wilson's rein don't sound to bad, according to Wiki. Granted Weir was a disaster, but NC has inherited the majority of the team that finished 5th last season. 

They went something like 25 games without defeat, then the wheels came off completely and utterly. From where they were in February, finishing in the playoffs was a total disaster - so I'm told. I'm only taking the word of my daughter's partner, who is a blunt.

They went something like 25 games without defeat, then the wheels came off completely and utterly. From where they were in February, finishing in the playoffs was a total disaster - so I'm told. I'm only taking the word of my daughter's partner, who is a blunt.

So it's a top 6 squad then  :ph34r:

Archived