Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremendous achievement.

9 wins on the trot

Wembley semi final

With a team who were previously struggling.

Credit where its due.

Basically the same job as Sam Rush. And he was here before Rush was here too.

Assistant CEO, if you want to put it like that. It isn't a one-man job, clearly.

Clearly...

Between twitter and coffee he must struggle to get any official operating done

Tuesday would be the second day of the week if the seventh was the day of drink rest

All originally based on Jewish religion - and their day of rest (the Shabbat) is Saturday.

Ah! Vicars, the deputy executive of operations or something?

Basically he gets paid for being a friend.

Not sure on your point here Alpha, Vicars was here long before Rush so it's not like Rush has employed him.

As for what he does, I'm not sure but there again I don't know how a football club is run. All I would say from the forums I attended, he seemed very clued up on the numbers side of the business so maybe he is akin to a financial director.

from the forums I attended, he seemed very clued up on the numbers side of the business so maybe he is akin to a financial director.

....so why does he continually comment on the football side?

From the pukey interview, it seems that he was agitating behind the scenes from the moment Sham arrived.

He came across as disloyal to his colleagues.

A tough interviewer might have interjected with 'why was that any of your concern?'

But of course Gibbo is there to make it easy for them, not difficult.

....so why does he continually comment on the football side?

From the pukey interview, it seems that he was agitating behind the scenes from the moment Sham arrived.

He came across as disloyal to his colleagues.

A tough interviewer might have interjected with 'why was that any of your concern?'

But of course Gibbo is there to make it easy for them, not difficult.

Maybe when you work for a football team you become engrossed in the job. To me he seems to be a fan who watches the game.

Not really heard him talk specifically about the football side other than saying the product was not good enough and was driving fans away, surely this is linked to income and maybe why Vicars commented on it?

Maybe when you work for a football team you become engrossed in the job. To me he seems to be a fan who watches the game.

Not really heard him talk specifically about the football side other than saying the product was not good enough and was driving fans away, surely this is linked to income and maybe why Vicars commented on it?

Bean counters should count beans.

Bean counters should count beans.

And when he is counting less beans just sit there and sat nothing about it?

I guess you have your mind made up on the current administration and ust need a stick to beat them with. (Calling Mr Rush 'Sham' makes that apparent by the way)

I actually think its refreshing to have an admin team that is willing to engage with supporters and explain the rationale behind their decisions, regardless of whether I agree with them or nor.

And when he is counting less beans just sit there and sat nothing about it?

I guess you have your mind made up on the current administration and ust need a stick to beat them with. (Calling Mr Rush 'Sham' makes that apparent by the way)

I actually think its refreshing to have an admin team that is willing to engage with supporters and explain the rationale behind their decisions, regardless of whether I agree with them or nor.

This club has suffered over the years from people in the boardroom or the back office who over step the mark, forget their remit, and generally cause trouble.

But the beans in this case are fans through the gate. Describing the football is a very FD thing to do. Sensible way if looking at it too.

Really.

Then he should be investigating the number of empty seats on saturday.

This club has suffered over the years from people in the boardroom or the back office who over step the mark, forget their remit, and generally cause trouble.

Hence why I agree with what they are doing at the club.

I'd rather have someone like Sam Rush rather than that charlatan of spin Tom Glick any day of the week. At least we look pro active now instead of muddling along as we seem to have done in recent times.

We seem pretty organised behind the scenes as well as on the pitch.

I also get the feeling Mr Rush is the type that won't hide if things did go wrong. Only a feeling but just gets me that he wants to be successful. Maybe sounds selfish but I would rather have him at the helm than someone that sat on the fence like Mr Glick did.

Not really sure what that is referring to so can't comment.

But there again, as you don't even know what Vicars role within the club is, I am not sure how you can decide the he is forgetting his remit. Would hardly describe CEO and FD as 'backroom staff'.

Hence why I agree with what they are doing at the club.

I'd rather have someone like Sam Rush rather than that charlatan of spin Tom Glick any day of the week. At least we look pro active now instead of muddling along as we seem to have done in recent times.

We seem pretty organised behind the scenes as well as on the pitch.

I also get the feeling Mr Rush is the type that won't hide if things did go wrong. Only a feeling but just gets me that he wants to be successful. Maybe sounds selfish but I would rather have him at the helm than someone that sat on the fence like Mr Glick did.

My remarks were targetted at mr vicars.

Really.

Then he should be investigating the number of empty seats on saturday.

And I'm sure he is. Although that might have more to do with the 'product' Millwall are bringing to the table. And the countless wives insisting we all do something 'nice' with the first good weekend of the year.

Go for a walk, my arse.

Not really sure what that is referring to so can't comment.

But there again, as you don't even know what Vicars role within the club is, I am not sure how you can decide the he is forgetting his remit. Would hardly describe CEO and FD as 'backroom staff'.

I don't think that its his place to publicly criticise either his previous boss or the previous football manager.

His comments were effectively indirectly critical of GSE and their supposedly hollow promises of jam tomorrow.

he'd be well advised to keep a lower profile.

My remarks were targetted at mr vicars.

Apologies I meant to quote your post which has the word "sham" in it. Which obviously refers to Mr Rush?

Archived