Automatic Promotion

Uptherams

I don't expect top 2 and I would be over the moon with top 6, did anyone really believe top 6 was possible before the amazing recent run? Ok maybe B4, but anyone else? Really? When the season started or even 10 games in?

Well I did, if that helps.  Pre-season and 10 games in I thought the play-offs were on the cards.

Do I win a prize?  ;)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our record against the other top teams might be bad, but that will all change soon..

Leicester look dead-certs for a top two finish.

We only lost to Forest and QPR away by the odd goal, we might beat them comfortably at home?

Reading and Burnley beat us faily easily, but then again that was under previous management. 

Anyway, Hull got promoted last season in the automatic spot.. And they lost to Cardiff, Watford, Palace, Brighton and Leicetser. All the other top 6 teams

Just looked at the table, 8 points on Brighton and 10 on Blackburn..,

We have to face facts, missing out on the play-offs would take an absolute disaster.

Intact I'd be surprised if the current top 6 don't stay the same, us vs Forest semi-final... Sleepless nights filled with cold sweat and trauma...

That's just the thought of watching Billy's neck ache football!

Only 8 more wins needed to guarantee a playoff spot.

Get those 8 wins early and we can start looking at automatic. If QPR or Burnley don't chase Leicester that is otherwise we have no chance.

We do still have to play QPR and Burnley though so the possibility is definitely there.

Let's not get carried away. Blackburn away will be very tough.

Autos are not over until it is over and burnly we just go to try keep in touch with lecester city.

In the last 8 matches (in which we've had a bit of a dip in form) we've gained 1 point on Burnley and 2 on QPR.

They are, respectively, 4 and 5 points ahead of us. It's a big ask for autos, but if we can maintain the extra impetus that big Mac has given us, it's not impossible. Difficult but not impossible.

Keep up the enthusiasm, B4, it's infectious.

Only 8 more wins needed to guarantee a playoff spot.

Get those 8 wins early and we can start looking at automatic. If QPR or Burnley don't chase Leicester that is otherwise we have no chance.

We do still have to play QPR and Burnley though so the possibility is definitely there.

Let's not get carried away. Blackburn away will be very tough.

I think we can get those 8 wins in the next 12 games.

Blackburn (A)-W

Yeovil (H)-W

Birmingham (A)-W

QPR (H)-L

Shef Wed (A)-W

Bournemouth (H) -W

Burnley (A)-L

Millwall (H)-W

Bolton (H)-D

Reading (A)-D

Forest- (H)-W      :)

Ipswich (A)-W

(Charlton (H)-W)

That takes us to the end of March. Win those games and we've got the points from April+May to push for the Automatic spots    :D

Leicester towards the end of the season face Burnley, Brighton, Reading and QPR all in the space of 5 matches. They will be gunning for top spot and could and most likely will do us a massive favor. 

Burnley face Leicester, Watford, Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Wigan, Ipswich and Reading in their last eight matches and will most likely be fighting for their lives to remain in the top 6. 

I think we can get those 8 wins in the next 12 games.

Blackburn (A)-W

Yeovil (H)-W

Birmingham (A)-W

QPR (H)-L

Shef Wed (A)-W

Bournemouth (H) -W

Burnley (A)-L

Millwall (H)-W

Bolton (H)-D

Reading (A)-D

Forest- (H)-W :)

Ipswich (A)-W

(Charlton (H)-W)

That takes us to the end of March. Win those games and we've got the points from April+May to push for the Automatic spots :D

Agreed we have to strive to get the 8 wins early and really give it a go.

In the last 8 matches (in which we've had a bit of a dip in form) we've gained 1 point on Burnley and 2 on QPR.

They are, respectively, 4 and 5 points ahead of us. It's a big ask for autos, but if we can maintain the extra impetus that big Mac has given us, it's not impossible. Difficult but not impossible.

Keep up the enthusiasm, B4, it's infectious.

But if we beat them both it would get very intetesting

I really cannot believe that people are saying they don't want us to get promoted ? Are they serious ? We need to take the opportunity whenever/ however it arises

Anything can happen in football and even with another 12 months and possible new signings it doesn't mean we are guaranteed it next year or the year after , injuries , bad luck, management changes , who knows what else could happen?

I couldn't care less if we score the winner in the playoff final via a deflection off someone's arse having been completely out played by a team who have already beaten us twice this year as long as we go up , then you can worry about what happens next year , if we go up and come back down again (as long as we don't embarrass ourselves again) and use the parachute money to come back stronger I would still be happy

Yes , we have a poor record against the better teams and have had a little blip( not a freefall as some seem to think ) but we are still in a great position and need to remember how we got here and get that confident free flowing football back ASAP , playoffs or auto ?? Bring it on !!

I would much prefer to go up and then come down again than "not go up because we aren't ready"

The amount of money now is incomprehensible.

We would then have 3 years of parachute money.

Also this time we have learnt from our mistakes and I would like to think we would not go out and buy absolute rubbish on way took much money.

Archived