Automatic Promotion

Uptherams

We're showboating at the moment.

Everyone knows our goal-scoring credentials, being the league's highest scorers, even now when we've taken our foot of the gas a little in the last month. 

Now what we're showing is that we've got the defensive game as well - three clean sheets in a row. 

Hopefully when we play Forest we'll excel in both areas and win 5-0.  :lol:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showboating? Really? I'd disagree with that. I'd call it quiet confidence and faith in their own ability, which has come about through hard work and having to fight for a place in the squad.

Just watch the mens Canadian curling team. Showboating personified, an arrogant belief they can't be beaten. I'm not a fan of arrogance like that.

Showboating? Really? I'd disagree with that. I'd call it quiet confidence and faith in their own ability, which has come about through hard work and having to fight for a place in the squad.

Just watch the mens Canadian curling team. Showboating personified, an arrogant belief they can't be beaten. I'm not a fan of arrogance like that.

I'd rather chew my own arm off, personally, sweeping the floor is not a real sport even if it is icey.

I agree with you about the quiet confidence and faith in their own ability though

I take it the canadian team didnt win then?

I concur Ings and Vokes are much better than

Martin and Bamford

Martin and Russell or

Martin and Sammon

Ings is fast and agile, Vokes has quality aerial ability and hold up play. Their goals and stats alone prove they are the best attack in the league.

However Burnley do rely on those two way too much.

Trippier at right back is a tricky customer.

Jason Shackell no intro required.

Scott Arfield has been class for them in CM.

David Jones ex Derby (will therefore score obviously)

They did. Go Team Jacobs!

Arses.

I know I'm missing something then?

How can you showboat in curling; they do it blindfolded, backwards, on one leg or something?

Burnley are brilliant off the ball.

Ings gets so many goals because he gambles on everything!! Vokes, like Shabash says, is a quality hold up player.

Real hard working side and they won't give anyone anything. Not a moments peace.

What they don't have is a great many ideas. They aren't especially intricate or clever.

We'll win if we get our game going and concentrate.

They'll play on top of us

The best organized side in the division without a doubt and nearly every manager has said or is saying that they are the best team they've played against. TBH in my view they deserve an auto spot. Turf Moor also very intimidating, esp for our younger players and )and i hate to say this - there will be plenty of racial abuse coming down from the terraces too.

Gonna be a tough test. there are so many similarities with the build-up to the Leicester away game - and we know how that ended up.

Best we can hope for in my view is a dour game and scrape a draw. But I fear a beating.

I concur Ings and Vokes are much better than

Martin and Bamford

Martin and Russell or

Martin and Sammon

I see the point you're trying to make but we play with 3 up top, and I'm not sure if they're better than our best top 3 on their day. You also can't really alter Ings and Vokes, while we can do this:

Martin, Russell and Dawkins

Martin, Ward and Dawkins

Martin, Russell and Ward

Martin, Bamford and Dawkins

Martin, Russell and Bamford

Martin, Bamford and Ward

Sammon, Russell and Ward

Sammon, Ward and Dawkins

Sammon. Russell and Dawkins

Bamford, Russell and Dawins

ETC.

Over the course of these 14 games, we can alternate our top 3 a lot; they can't. We don't have to play the same attack each game, especially with mid-week games; they do. What happens if one gets injured or is out of form for us? We switch it up. What would they do? Pray really f*cking hard.

The best organized side in the division without a doubt and nearly every manager has said or is saying that they are the best team they've played against. TBH in my view they deserve an auto spot. Turf Moor also very intimidating, esp for our younger players and )and i hate to say this - there will be plenty of racial abuse coming down from the terraces too.

Gonna be a tough test. there are so many similarities with the build-up to the Leicester away game - and we know how that ended up.

Best we can hope for in my view is a dour game and scrape a draw. But I fear a beating.

Pardon?

Are you serious?

We're not playing Chelsea away.

Reckon it'll be close but there is no reason why we can't go there and win

Agree, need to get back to our best though. Quick minimal touch attacks. Problem is we never know when to slow it down and defend by keeping possession just lately.

These are the worst kind of league opponent for us. Physical, organised and route one. Got an awful record there too.

Are you serious?

We're not playing Chelsea away.

Reckon it'll be close but there is no reason why we can't go there and win

Absolutely, Bris.

I've got a sneaking feeling that we are going to bag our 10th away win of the season. It probably won't be pretty, there'll be plenty of backs to the wall stuff, but the Bearded Wonder, with a huge grin on his face, will be once again shaking his fists and applauding the Derby fans come about 5 minutes to 5 next Saturday.

Pardon?

Caymanram's probably referring to the fact that there used to be a significant BNP presence in local government in Burnley, but they got wiped over the last two elections, probably as a reaction to an attack by BNP members on a local jeweller's store. 

Archived