Automatic Promotion

Uptherams

I too have a good gut feeling about this game.

We will win,I'm sure of it.

We'll thrash millwall,can't lose to Bolton as i've got my lucky seat booked.

Readings away so it's a win,florest a no brainer.

Ipswich and charlton ,meh.etc,etc

No, sorry, can't see us losing again all season  :cool:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best we can hope for in my view is a dour game and scrape a draw. But I fear a beating.

If you genuinely believe that then what would be the point in going up?

Hull City, Cardiff City, Norwich City ect.. are all better versions of Burnley... So by that theory we'd struggle to get a single point in our away games in the Premier League.

We're not playing an elite club. We're playing a run of the mill organised Championship club who are enjoying a great season but in reality are easily beatable.

I hate to say this, but there's no hope of takin 3 points at turd moore. They, like Leicester, are one of our bogey teams. Especially at there's. If we do win, il eat a piece of dog **** (with a smile on my face ofcourse.)

Caymanram's probably referring to the fact that there used to be a significant BNP presence in local government in Burnley, but they got wiped over the last two elections, probably as a reaction to an attack by BNP members on a local jeweller's store. 

tah, wasn't aware of that and couldn't think of any incidents I'd heard of from Burnley fans

I hate to say this, but there's no hope of takin 3 points at turd moore. They, like Leicester, are one of our bogey teams. Especially at there's. If we do win, il eat a piece of dog **** (with a smile on my face ofcourse.)

These things go in cycles. Sure, we've not done anything against them for the last 4 or 5 years, but prior to that we had a spell of 6 or 7 games without losing - then before that etc etc. Between 1969 and 1995 we played them 17 times and never lost once. Who's to say that our next era of dominance over them doesn't start next Saturday?

If so, try adding some hot chilli sauce to make it more palatable

I hope we don't go up then. Because if we do alongside Burnley and Leicester, then who will we beat in the PL?

if there is no hope of beating feckin Burnley, what chance do we have against Hull City or Norwich? or better Southampton or Swansea? Or better Tottenham or Everton? Or better Man City or Chelsea?

5 draws and 33 defeats in the PL anyone?

These things go in cycles. Sure, we've not done anything against them for the last 4 or 5 years, but prior to that we had a spell of 6 or 7 games without losing - then before that etc etc. Between 1969 and 1995 we played them 17 times and never lost once. Who's to say that our next era of dominance over them doesn't start next Saturday?

Exactly eddie my friend..

During the our PL stay under Jim Smith, we played Leeds Utd 10 times. Won 0 Drawn 5 Lost 5

Over the past 5 or so years... Won 10 Drawn 0 Lost 0

Be made up with a draw, they're not unbeaten at home for nothing. That said, if its our day we are capable of winning.

32 games in and they're two points better off than us, so I don't buy it that they're in a different class to us.

It's unbelievably tight, I still think the hunt for 2nd is a four horse race, with Burnley in pole position in my opinion, even a win for us on saturday wouldn't change that because they've been so unbelievably consistent this season.

There's going to be some serious twists and turns still to come, the league is too close and there are some very interesting fixtures coming up.

I'd really like us to go to Burnley and look to get on the ball and dominate possession. I think a draw there would be a good result because I do think we stand a chance of overhauling them if we get back to our free flowing best.

It's going to be tight, and the most important thing for the next 5 games it to stay unbeaten, that will see us through a tricky little patch and hopefully we'll be able to step up a gear again after that. I'd definitely take three wins and two draws from the next five to stay unbeaten. Most teams around us seem to be in good form though, so we'll have to keep our focus to stay in the battle.

I really want the autos, I hate the play offs with a passion!

they'll batter us for 58 mins, but without scoring more than one, SMc will then make a couple of inspired substitutions, the sudden change will put Burnley on the back-foot, it will be a Ram-raid and we'll have 30 mins of attacking in waves, with loads of one-twos and one touch football, scoring 2 or 3 goals in the last 20 minutes.

I get what your sayin and I have thought about that in the past, but seem to get let down. Same as Cardiff away, never felt confident. I think Burnley are a strong outfit this year and just can't see us changing our fortune. If we do, il be ecstatic!

I get what your sayin and I have thought about that in the past, but seem to get let down. Same as Cardiff away, never felt confident. I think Burnley are a strong outfit this year and just can't see us changing our fortune. If we do, il be ecstatic!

I remember us winning 5-1 at Cardiff.

I think we need to win 9 of our last 14 games to get automatics.

If we avoid defeat on Saturday we must be favourites for it.

9 wins should defo see us up. Even if we dont draw any we would then get 88 points which is a normal season would be enough. As Bris has said tho the top 2 have been consistent.

We have been consistent against lesser teams so 9 wins out of 14 is not impossible even if we lose to Burnley, Forest and Reading.  

Burnley have had a good season so far. Well done them - good defence, couple of strikers in form throughout the season and consistent point gathering.

But we've done well too. Two players - Bryson and Martin - with good striking records, goals elsewhere too, good defence shown by a good goal difference, the bit of luck you need to do well over a season. Good away record. Good current form. Good bench.

So they will be worrying about us and what we can do. Let them. And if we don't win then start again over the last part of the season.

Archived