Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

That's how mclaren will never be a top manager , it wasn't a normal league game where you go same again ,it was a one off , it was massive for derby county and he made a mistake , no one in their right mind would leave out the player of the year in as big a game as that

In many respects it was exactly that situation... the home leg of the Brighton game was, in my opinion, the best football we have played all season, we tore them to shreds. What's more, Hughes and Hendrick were pivotal in that game and were arguably the two most influential players on the pitch. 

After putting in such an incredible performance, why would McClaren risk disrupting the team? He had Bryson on the bench in case it didn't work. Also, what kind of message does it send to the rest of the squad, especially younger players like Hughes, if they play out of their skin one game and put in a sublime performance, to then be dropped next game... It would be disappointing to say the least.

McClaren had to stick with the team he played against Brighton at home.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two questions Valley. I hope you can answer them.

1) Was Craig fit.

2) does he have a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a club meets the value of hte clause?

cheers

They are the Million dollar questions, or 750k, :lol:

I hope the answers are: not 100% and no he doesn't.

Where did this clause rumour come from? Was it Alan Nixon?

The difference i noticed at wembley was, hendrick and hughes play in front of their back four whereas bryson keeps popping up in little spaces behind their back four.

He was causing them a lot more problems.

Mafia, you already know that if I'm wrong I'll apologise. I did it once before privately when I got you confused with that **** mcmuffin.

I haven't gone looking for the thread and content only goes back so far.

If you're telling me categorically that you didn't say I hope he takes them down.

I think I'm right but I'm not 100% certain and can't be arsed to go looking.

I'll trust you and I'll apologise. Sorry.

No need to apologise Ronnie.

Just miffed me a bit when I wondered how many of the u21s released would go to Clough seeing as he signed a couple of ex rams there already albeit on loan, just a genuine question.

I like your posts Ronnie, you don't come to a quick off the top answer, always considered, even though I don't agree at times. Totally respect your views.

Apologies for hi jacking this thread guys and dolls.

Regards Andy :)

No need to apologise Ronnie.

Just miffed me a bit when I wondered how many of the u21s released would go to Clough seeing as he signed a couple of ex rams there already albeit on loan, just a genuine question.

I like your posts Ronnie, you don't come to a quick off the top answer, always considered, even though I don't agree at times. Totally respect your views.

Apologies for hi jacking this thread guys and dolls.

Regards Andy :)

Wait your names not Bob? Are you even in the mafia? :o

Wait your names not Bob? Are you even in the mafia? :o

Got my fingers in many pies rynny....

I'm also a Baron somewhere else ;)

The difference i noticed at wembley was, hendrick and hughes play in front of their back four whereas bryson keeps popping up in little spaces behind their back four.

He was causing them a lot more problems.

Bang on Ramnut. That is also why Martin was so quiet as he links up best when Bryson is putting the defence under more pressure. The don't change a winning team argument doesn't wash with me, Brighton set up way different than QPR and moreso as they were a goal down and had to come and look to attack, giving space for H & H to exploit. QPR set up much more cautiously and we needed Bryson's runs and experience to break that down. MacLaren should have recognised that and for me as soon as I saw Bryson wasn't starting I felt really concerned. Perhaps Bryson was still carrying a knock, but valley stated above he was 100%. In time, H & H will possibly be much better than Bryson, with what about 8 years worth of experience to gain compared to Bryson, but for that crucial game Bryson (if fit) was the better option.

Well, if it's gone from 16/1 to evens in a day, then clearly someone thinks they know something. Someone backing up their thoughts with money is a much stronger rumour than a random twitter account. 

If Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson are happy to compete for two places then obviously I'd rather keep them all. If one has to go, then I'd pick Bryson. 

McClaren has stuck by his "rule" of not taking the shirt off somebody if they've earned it all season, regardless of who was waiting to fill it. Against Brighton not one player performed anything less than 100%. They had earned the right to start against QPR. Bryson was rightly made player of the year, and I'm sure that the fact that he had to perform week in and week out because Hendrick or Hughes were waiting on the side line was a major factor in that. He went on the pitch after 68 minutes, if one of the other two hadn't been performing he'd have been introduced earlier. I'm sure that this "rule" has helped a hugh amount towards the team spirit that is perfectly evident during every game, the final included!

Valleyram showed his true WUM colours a month or so ago, then disappeared for a bit.

He didn't pop up after we beat Brighton without Bryson, but once we've lost without Bryson starting...

...lo and behold he's come back to single mindedly blather on about Bryson again, yet you people are still taking his posts seriously.

I despair.

Two questions Valley. I hope you can answer them.

1) Was Craig fit.

2) does he have a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a club meets the value of hte clause?

cheers

1) Craig was 100% fit

2) that's no for me to say ronnie but there are a lot on this forum a million miles out , you are on of the few that ain't silly

Well, if it's gone from 16/1 to evens in a day, then clearly someone thinks they know something. Someone backing up their thoughts with money is a much stronger rumour than a random twitter account. 

If Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson are happy to compete for two places then obviously I'd rather keep them all. If one has to go, then I'd pick Bryson. 

As said, it takes pittance to move these markets, dont read too much into it. 

Archived