Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

Craig himself would have wanted to see how the season panned out, I bet he didn't expect getting left out at Wembley, and that has potential to be catastophic to player/manager relationships.

That's utter ********, he's a professional footballer and a fully grown man, not a stroppy 8 year old.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be known if Bryson had turned down an offer. Therefore, no offer. Therefore, no clause. He might leave this summer, I really have no idea, but if he does then it'll be for a lot more than 750k. 

While we were chasing promotion to the Premier League?

Not a chance. We were looking to be the best side in the league, smashing everyone.

No player in their right mind would risk disrupting that.

Craig himself would have wanted to see how the season panned out, I bet he didn't expect getting left out at Wembley, and that has potential to be catastophic to player/manager relationships.

We would have still had to accept the bid and that would have been announced. The fact not 1 club was said to have put an offer in says BS to me about the clause.

On Wembley, McClaren did what he has done all season, perform and you keep the shirt, Hughes and Hendrick were both superb against Brighton and both kept their shirt for the final. Bryson and tge whole team know that their place isn't guaranteed and if you miss out and the player replacing you plays a blinder it is inly fair they have a chance next game. What would it said to Hughes/Hendrick if either of them were dropped after Brighton? Think that would hit moral more.

That's utter ********, he's a professional footballer and a fully grown man, not a stroppy 8 year old.

I don't mean to be rude here but...

Do you know what it's like for a player to be left out at Wembley in the biggest game of their career? Do you know how long it takes someone to get over that kind of disappointment? It will stay with him forever.

You call bullshit all you want. It would have been soul destroying to hear McClaren tell him he's on the bench.

I might be wrong, he might have been injured, if I hear a quote from him saying he was unfit, then I'll be back to say I got it wrong.

Unlike some others on here, I am prepared to admit when I'm wrong.

We would have still had to accept the bid and that would have been announced. The fact not 1 club was said to have put an offer in says BS to me about the clause.

On Wembley, McClaren did what he has done all season, perform and you keep the shirt, Hughes and Hendrick were both superb against Brighton and both kept their shirt for the final. Bryson and tge whole team know that their place isn't guaranteed and if you miss out and the player replacing you plays a blinder it is inly fair they have a chance next game. What would it said to Hughes/Hendrick if either of them were dropped after Brighton? Think that would hit moral more.

That's how mclaren will never be a top manager , it wasn't a normal league game where you go same again ,it was a one off , it was massive for derby county and he made a mistake , no one in their right mind would leave out the player of the year in as big a game as that

Would we have to let him go if someone offered this so called sell on clause though?

You would have to put it to the player, and it would then be up to him to decide if he wanted to speak to the club concerned or not.

That's how mclaren will never be a top manager , it wasn't a normal league game where you go same again ,it was a one off , it was massive for derby county and he made a mistake , no one in their right mind would leave out the player of the year in as big a game as that

In all fairness a top of their game Hendrick and Hughes are better than a top of his game Bryson. 

Oh, come off it - don't be bloody ridiculous. We all know that you think that the sun shines out of Craig Bryson's arse, and that his farts smell of roses, but even Scotland's own manager doesn't play Bryson either.

Perhaps he's just not as good as you think he is.

When the team was announced I was a little surprised but was expecting it. If we had won it would have been a moot point, if Russell had managed to stay on his feet and score instead of O'Neil being sent off would you still say the same. It is fine lines in football, it wasn't our day and we have to move on. Bryson will know the situation. Every player will know the situation.

In all fairness a top of their game Hendrick and Hughes are better than a top of his game Bryson. 

No, no, no, no and no again. Certainly not this season anyway.

I love Jeff and think he'll play in the premier league. Eventually.

I love Will and think he'll play for England. Eventually.

Neither of them has the ability to get us 16 goals from midfield together with 12 assists. Neither of them has Craig's engine and neither of them has the willingness or the ability to keep making runs for 90 minutes.

I don't mean to be rude here but...

Do you know what it's like for a player to be left out at Wembley in the biggest game of their career? Do you know how long it takes someone to get over that kind of disappointment? It will stay with him forever.

You call bullshit all you want. It would have been soul destroying to hear McClaren tell him he's on the bench.

I might be wrong, he might have been injured, if I hear a quote from him saying he was unfit, then I'll be back to say I got it wrong.

Unlike some others on here, I am prepared to admit when I'm wrong.

I'm still waiting for that on the u21 thread?!

I'm still waiting for that on the u21 thread?!

Mafia, you already know that if I'm wrong I'll apologise. I did it once before privately when I got you confused with that **** mcmuffin.

I haven't gone looking for the thread and content only goes back so far.

If you're telling me categorically that you didn't say I hope he takes them down.

I think I'm right but I'm not 100% certain and can't be arsed to go looking.

I'll trust you and I'll apologise. Sorry.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

We have 4 undroppable midfielders to fill 3 midfield spots. It's far too easy to say we lost because Mac dropped the wrong one. If he had dropped Hendrick, Thorne or Hughes for Brys, we would have probably still lost and you'd be complaining that he got it wrong because "he got it wrong by not playing Hughes/Hendrick/Thorne"

Two questions Valley. I hope you can answer them.

1) Was Craig fit.

2) does he have a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a club meets the value of hte clause?

cheers

Why are we crying? Yes craig has been immense this season but I personally think he's too weak for the PL! Quality last season but the formation we play enabled that to happen! If the clause is 750k then how come no one bid during jan? He was in top form then? I would snap off the hands of anyone bidding 3m+

No, no, no, no and no again. Certainly not this season anyway.

I love Jeff and think he'll play in the premier league. Eventually.

I love Will and think he'll play for England. Eventually.

Neither of them has the ability to get us 16 goals from midfield together with 12 assists. Neither of them has Craig's engine and neither of them has the willingness or the ability to keep making runs for 90 minutes.

I agree, at times Hendrick looks as though he could go on to be better than Bryson is now, he just needs to find that consistency.

Archived