Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its till 2016... fingers crossed it doesn't include the release clause mentioned...

Dont know why a release clause would be included as there was no obvious interest in him until recently.

I was honestly a bit worried in the Summer that he wouldn't sign a new deal.

With the policy we had of players going into their last year being sold, I remember posting that I thought Bryso would be one big player we lost.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that we had to put a release clause in to get him to stay but would be totally gutted if that release clause was 750k.

Maybe someone thought that was a fair market value for him, whoever thought that wants their heads looking at.

Don't go Bryson son, you can achieve everything you want to achieve by staying with us.

Well, this rumour was coming wasn't it..  :lol: 

Mirror - Derby's Scottish star Craig Bryson is wanted by Celtic - and will be tempted with a lucrative move in the next window.

On the "Paper Talk" here - http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/papertalk

1) It's Paper Talk, and the Mirror - that well known source of everything true

2) He HAS just broken (back) into the Scotland squad and got very good reviews from Strachan

3) It could be him/his agent placing the story and wanting Derby to come up with a new, gleamier contract just when he's in the middle of a hot streak - timing is all.

4) It is a solution to the problem of fitting 3 players into 2 central midfield positions

5) It wasn't so long ago that no one wanted any of our players even if we gave them away.  Better this way round.

Bryson's stock has raised a lot since the start of the season, but I'm not sure where I would have placed him at the start of the season. But given that release causes tend to be over-valued prices, 750k still sounds frighteningly low.

Not really sure what to make of it if true. But I suspect it isn't.

The only way that there is a £750k release clause in there is if Bryson demanded it be put in there.

Ultimately we would of lost him for free next season at the time so putting in in and keeping him would of been a better option than him not signing a new contract.

Archived