Stimac

North_Stand_Ram

that doesn't mean someone shouldn't make the most of his skills in the interim period, a bit like QPR did with McClaren recently.

I suspect that the reason that McClaren and Simpson are taking all the training sessions is that initially they need everything to be done in their methods - I am not so sure that Igor could do that. I remember him as a leader rather than a follower. I would not be surprised if additions to the coaching staff came from within the club with new people coming in to the Academy - but that is just a guess.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that the reason that McClaren and Simpson are taking all the training sessions is that initially they need everything to be done in their methods - I am not so sure that Igor could do that. I remember him as a leader rather than a follower. I would not be surprised if additions to the coaching staff came from within the club with new people coming in to the Academy - but that is just a guess.

I did asked Simpson the question on Monday night, "what is the ideal coaching structure? will you be having sports scientists, prozone experts and dietary experts and all that?". His response was that they were happy doing all the coaching themselves. They still have the same fitness coach (Steve Haines?) and some other staff remain. I don't think there will be any major additions to the first team coaching setup.

What is it with your love affair with Stimac. He did a great job in his stint with the club but why should that translate to any fan wanting him back on the payroll?

I just don't get the thing with ex players.

A quote from Wikipedia on his time with Croatia:

"Many people claim that his time as coach was the worst coach and worst form the team has ever been since 1990"

Now that's pretty damming.

No thank you Igor but thanks for the memories.

And I don't get people quoting things like that off Wikipedia!

PS - I am impartial on Stimac

I did asked Simpson the question on Monday night, "what is the ideal coaching structure? will you be having sports scientists, prozone experts and dietary experts and all that?". His response was that they were happy doing all the coaching themselves. They still have the same fitness coach (Steve Haines?) and some other staff remain. I don't think there will be any major additions to the first team coaching setup.

I take it no mention of the Sports Psychologist guy (Bill Beswick) that Schteve has employed everywhere he's been since the Jim Smith days then?

I take it no mention of the Sports Psychologist guy (Bill Beswick) that Schteve has employed everywhere he's been since the Jim Smith days then?

I had that in mind when I mentioned it. No mention. He did however, later in the evening start talking about prozone analysis they've done, and I think they've kept the analyst in the setup.

Good as he was Stimac could never handle Steve Bull, but everyone has their nemesis .

Roy McFarland still loses sleep over Frank Large of Northampton.

Steve Bull? Don't think they ever played against each other  :huh:

I remember a game at the BBG ,I think on the TV.

Bull harried and bullied Stimac, who continually fouled Bull .

I think in the end Stimac went of with an injury , :rolleyes:

I could be wrong

The only game it could have been was this one.

Football League Div 1  Sa 10Feb 1996   Derby  0 - 0  Wolves 

Stimac only played half a season in the 1st Div before we got promoted and we didn't play Wolves again for 6 years.

Your not thinking of Craig Short are you?

The only game it could have been was this one.

Football League Div 1  Sa 10Feb 1996   Derby  0 - 0  Wolves 

Stimac only played half a season in the 1st Div before we got promoted and we didn't play Wolves again for 6 years.

Your not thinking of Craig Short are you?

As I say I distinctly remember this particular game,although not the score, so maybe it was only that one time.

I know nothing of Igor as a coach. He was a quality player and a leader and whilst he may get on with the rest of the Mac Pack, you can have too many leaders and big personalities.

I think it'll be a while before we see any more additions to the coaching team and I doubt Igor will ever figure.

Archived