Stimac

North_Stand_Ram

It's interesting him saying that,

At the end of last season he came back to the club along with other ex players and whilst there was a bit of fanfare for the others there wasn't for Igor. It was low key and the reason for that was the job offer.

I had a friend who used to work at the club and at the time he said to me that DCFC had offered Igor the job but couldn't pay the exit cost of his contract with Croatia when they realised how much it would be so withdrew the offer. At the time I wasn't sure of the truth but it seems it was as he had said, shame he has now left the club, no more info from the inside that I now know I can trust.

My opinion on Igor he would have been great for the fans but I am not sure he would have worked like I think Steve will in the long run, when matching the two Steve is the better man for the job, and I don't think Igor's ego would let him work under Steve so no coaching role, shame it would have been a great ride though, imagine Igor in a press conference saying we will be promoted by the end of the season like he did the first time, it would be hilarious.....

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived