Stimac

North_Stand_Ram

I overheard a couple of people talking about this last night then thought that we didn't really debate this much on here despite the potential significance of his claims, if true.

My main thoughts are

When exactly did this happen? As soon as he was appointed? After a few games? Does Stimac mean last season rather than last year?

Has Rush approached anyone else?

Would Rush have replaced Clough when McClaren was available regardless (to some extent) of results?

Would this have affected the level of support, financial and otherwise, given to Clough?

Did Clough have an inkling in the summer when he hinted at he wasn't sure how long he'd be in the job?

Has it affected your view of Rush?

If true im sure people will either think he is more of a snake than he already is; or hats off to him he identified a manager that was better than we had and tried to get him.

I think you could also put a list of regular posters around this topic and categorise them based upon their opinions to date.

I'll start im in the latter and im going to say your in the snake camp

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe. The way he left has never left me though, and I always look at McGrath, Poom, Sturridge, Baiano, Eranio and myself as figureheads of our last great era.

Great on the field - bit a cnut off it.

To be fair, I don't know much about how he left, but I don't need to. I've heard a few things which make it hard to warm to him as a person, although it was a touch of class going to visit that ill Derby fan in Croatia.

He's full of internal contradictions, and that's often the mark of a genius. He could have been so much more though, from what I've read and heard. It's a shame.

I'll still clap him on Saturday. 

Yes, yes he has  :cool:

Loved them both, Poom and Hoult, fantastic time. Met Russell year before last, spoke extremely well of Derby.

Hoult was a hero of mine before Poom... shame his personal life was so badly fraught with controversy that it affected his professional career.

According to Wiki, he's now manager and club president at Thringston Miners Welfare!! What a shame for a player who at one point was considered for an England call up...

Hoult was a hero of mine before Poom... shame his personal life was so badly fraught with controversy that it affected his professional career.

According to Wiki, he's now manager and club president at Thringston Miners Welfare!! What a shame for a player who at one point was considered for an England call up...

Yeah but it happens doesn't it, a little bit of temptation or whatever and you can easily find yourself in a "what am I doing" situation. Apart from the fine, he was never convicted for anything, even if his sexual life was slightly seedy.

So still a top goalie and a very genuine lad in my mind.

Didn't know that, fair play to him if he enjoys it  :lol:

Archived