Away Kit 13/14

dan

Away Kit Poll....  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Campaign for a public naming and shaming of this clown who abused Bryson and make him apologise in the media. Would prove a point.

Given this and his previous with Andy Murray, he's just an obnoxious racist. One day, he'll get his come-uppance and then he will just be another Saturday night Royal Derby Hospital statistic.

I'll play it safe and buy the home as its black and white. I don't like the Kappa designs, used to buy home and away when Adidas we're in as I liked the kits they produced, plus they didnt bring a red one out.

I'm not going to kick off about it any more as I doubt I'll see them play in it this season any way!

Interesting that the Sultan twitter account has now made some pathetic attempt at claiming his account was hacked by Forest fans. That would be believable if he hadn't been abusing Murray during Wimbledon for being scottish - and then did the exact thing to Bryson. Suddenly it all kicks off and he claims he's "just been hacked"

Not saying this about anyone in particular but I think quite a few Derby fans hate Forest more than they love Derby.

Their obsession is crazy. At least we beat Forest, at least Forest lost, at least we finished above Forest...

I admit I look for their scores if we've won but I ignore them and the rest of football when we lose. I don't know about you lot but Forest losing doesn't make me feel better about us losing.

If someone offered you a play off spot and Forest finishing top or we finish 10th and Forest get relegated I know which I'd take.

I only really feel proper hatred for Forest and Leeds and Stoke when we play them. The rest of the year is rather them lose than win but it should be about us.

Not saying this about anyone in particular but I think quite a few Derby fans hate Forest more than they love Derby.

Their obsession is crazy. At least we beat Forest, at least Forest lost, at least we finished above Forest...

I admit I look for their scores if we've won but I ignore them and the rest of football when we lose. I don't know about you lot but Forest losing doesn't make me feel better about us losing.

If someone offered you a play off spot and Forest finishing top or we finish 10th and Forest get relegated I know which I'd take.

I only really feel proper hatred for Forest and Leeds and Stoke when we play them. The rest of the year is rather them lose than win but it should be about us.

Totally with you Alpha. I also don't understand why anyone would want them to go bust. Life is boring without Forest, it's great to have a game like a local derby to look forward to no matter how crap your team is. If I had my way, they'd finish 21st every season and stay up on goal difference so we get to play them again...

This red kit nonsense has to stop. As I say, this is not an alien colour to us, in fact we had a proper red away kit under old BC. A lot of people seem to have erased this from memory, as a lot of older fans seem to be claiming this away kit to be some modern outrage which kicks tradition up the arse...

It's a bit of fun football rivalry, not some pathetic lifelong obsession. Nowt wrong with a chant about how ***** the team down the road is every once in a while. At least they're making some noise which is more than can be said for a lot of PP.

What's really pathetic is how Leicester sing 'Derby are losing'  :lol:

To be honest, I don't mind too much if Forest doing well as long as we are too (even better if we're doing better than them). When we smashed Watford 5-1 and they beat Charlton (I think) the banter was healthy and friendly, and that felt good. Yeah, I'd prefer them to struggle, but it's good for the East Midlands if both teams (and Leicester, I suppose) are doing well. Fortunately, I feel good times around the corner for the region.

As for the 'red' kit, IT IS NOT RED. I can show you a picture of Nathan Tyson in a Forest kit and him in the away kit as evidence.

To be honest, I don't mind too much if Forest doing well as long as we are too (even better if we're doing better than them). When we smashed Watford 5-1 and they beat Charlton (I think) the banter was healthy and friendly, and that felt good. Yeah, I'd prefer them to struggle, but it's good for the East Midlands if both teams (and Leicester, I suppose) are doing well. Fortunately, I feel good times around the corner for the region.

As for the 'red' kit, IT IS NOT RED. I can show you a picture of Nathan Tyson in a Forest kit and him in the away kit as evidence.

You're bob on there Catch, Definitely good times this coming season for all 3 East Mids teams, it's going to be one hell of a season I think.

And as for the kit, no doubt its a shade of red but its no Garibaldi Red, so I don't give a flying monkeys arse chucking custard at a dustbin on a Sunday morning in Leeds.

Capiche?

Fans see red over Derby County's new away kit

Derby County unveiled their new away strip in the pre-season friendly against Port Vale – and plenty of Rams fan were quick to air their views. Conor Davies looks at the reaction on our website www.derbytelegraph.co.uk

HOW on earth are the marketing geniuses at Pride Park going to persuade the faithful to buy a shirt that is a shade of red?

Hopefully, this shirt will go the way of the pink keeper’s shirt back in the John Gregory reign and be replaced pronto.

That was about as well thought out as this abomination.

MadAmster

RED away kit? NO NO NO!

Did the club ask supporters to vote on a red kit? I thought not!

Are the moguls at Derby County and Kappa colour blind?

If you want “maroon” add lots more blue! The sooner the better if this questionable strip causes fans to wise up to the artificial “need creation” of multiple kit variations by football clubs.

The concept is there to earn fat sponsorship income and then push the overpriced garments at fans through the summer to the next Easter (when they invariably are offered at huge “discounts”).

DCFC have shown many times in recent years that we are “customers” first and then supporters – and we don’t “belong” to the club.

Save your money! Spend it on something else like a night out, treat the kids, give it to your favourite charity – but send a message to DCFC by boycotting this kit.

And we thought that the new “black armband” home shirt was a silly idea!

RamblerD

I AGREE that the designer dropped a ball on the colour, I would like to think the management would have a small say in the kit.

But I really like it, prefer it to the home. Probably buy one when they get a bit cheaper.

Everyone should chill out a bit about the the colour.

Manchester United have had plenty of blue kits. The most important thing is that the big Ram covers your heart!

Taffaram

THE marketing genius who decided on a red shirt for Derby County clearly knows nothing about the city or football.

Poor retail sales will see these shirts reduced to half price within weeks but they will struggle to give them away.

independent

BUT......it’s...it’s red.

samlondonram

I THOUGHT Derby’s ‘official colours’ were black, white and yellow?

So that would suggest a black, white or yellow kit and/or combinations of those colours.

I’m fine with blues, purples, acid yellows or any colour besides RED.

Call it whatever shade you like, it’s red to me and for that reason I’m out.

Good luck Derby on selling that and shame on any fan wearing it!

derby83

IT’S too near Forest red for most people’s liking and many won’t buy it.

The style is fine but Derby fans don’t want to be wandering around in a shirt that resembles anything Forest.

Bit of a thoughtless choice for me, whether it’s a nice shirt or not.

oldrammyisgod

GREAT!!!!

It’s a nice change, I just wish the designers had similar ideas in mind when creating the home kit.

I know there’s not a lot to work with (black and white) but, come on, the new home kit is awful.

I’ll be buying the away shirt.

maccaref

STUPID decision Derby, do not play in any shade of red. Bin it fast.........

Zak589

I CAN completely understand the vitriol about any shade of red (it IS a shade of red, call it what you like) I have to admit I prefer it to the white one. DONT SHOOT ME!

But, I don’t like white football kits.

There, I’ve said it.

I’m Derby through and through but I don’t like any white football kits.

Ours, Tottenham Hotspur, Real Madrid – none of them.

Dark always looks better. I’d never wear any football shirt myself no matter what colour, so it means nothing but there you go.

If I were the type to buy one, I’d go dark each time. Last year’s black was much better.

ArmyofDaves

THE size of the kappa logo on the shorts looks crass and classless.

Chris Ram

SIMPLY get rid !!!!!!!!

creweram1

AWFUL – who on earth thought red would be an acceptable colour?

Why not simply reverse the home kit – black for white?

WollatonRam

UP to date Sam Rush has been spot on but I am sure if he looks at this again he would admit an error has been made here.

In the bright sunshine at Port Vale, it definitely looked red , rather than maroon.

It really is an unattractive and awful colour – what was the club thinking ?

It will ultimately be at DCFC’s cost and the die-hard Derby fans – and there are many – will avoid it like the plague.

Would a Celtic fan buy a blue Celtic football shirt? Would a Rangers fan buy a green Rangers football shirt? Answers on a postcard to DCFC.

brainsforall

DEFINITELY rouge but Nathan Tyson looks relaxed and comfortable in it.

Hildenboy

FIRST things first, it’s a red kit.

You may brand it however you wish – rouge, maroon, post box, etc – but it is clearly red.

This colour will divide opinion among the supporters due to the tenuous link with some team based in Nottingham.

But regardless of colour it is a DCFC shirt. If there is only one good team in the Championship this year playing in red I’m glad it will be us (DCFC).

Now having established its colour, I have to admit I like it.

Derby have had some truly awful away kits in recent memory. The lime green one was sickening, I have always hated black away kits and we have had too many black, blue and yellow incarnations.

Never mind the colour – come on you Rams!

Keepsy

DERBY County declined to comment when asked about the fans reaction we have received.

Archived