John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he happy playing a bit part role, maybe 6 starts and 20 ten minute cameos, then he's a good signing. He would help us close out games and maybe stiffen up the midfield in tough away games.

Can't win really can Cloughie?

Bryson signs a new deal, Hughes looks to be staying put, Hendrick is back in form and now we are looking at bringing in a old head on a free - who's more than capable of another season at this level.

And people call me negative?

Not me any more, eranio20 - I call you the epitome of common sense.

I think that this kind of an appointment is very positive - it's not always about 90 minute a game regular first-teamers. People on here whinge like crazy about our lack of strength in depth, and the fact that two or three injuries to key players in similar positions leave us stretched very thin. In John Eustace you have a vastly experienced performer at this level and higher who can fulfil a number of roles. 

Nothing to lose.

Not me any more, eranio20 - I call you the epitome of common sense.

I think that this kind of an appointment is very positive - it's not always about 90 minute a game regular first-teamers. People on here whinge like crazy about our lack of strength in depth, and the fact that two or three injuries to key players in similar positions leave us stretched very thin. In John Eustace you have a vastly experienced performer at this level and higher who can fulfil a number of roles.

Nothing to lose.

He left Watford due to assurances regarding lack of game time etc, surely not going to be content with what we offer.

Why not take a chance on a younger option? Marlon pack springs to mind, out of contract and young and hungry. Someone to maybe push Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson! Not someone content to just fill in.

I'd see it as a similar signing to o Connor, not positive in my eyes. Better going with potential than experience. Experience isn't much use on the bench for 90% of the season.

And eustace was poor first time round in my opinion

lol told you, its to make up the numbers so Rush can say yes we did get 6 players in over the summer, I kept my part of the bargain....overlooking the fact that 2 already played for us and another looks like is going to arrive with their zimmer frame in tow...

I suppose we wouldn't have to buy him any boots...

Wouldn't he need extra ones for the feet of his zimmer?

Archived