John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXPERIENCED midfielder John Eustace is training with Derby County.

The 33-year-old, a free agent after leaving Watford, is a player Rams manager Nigel Clough has been keen to sign in the past.

Watford wanted Eustace to stay, possibly in a player/coach role, but he is not ready to hang up his boots and Clough could offer him the chance to keep playing.

“John is training with us. He has a couple of playing offers from clubs but we have said ‘come and train with us for a couple of weeks’ and see how it goes," said Clough. - http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Midfielder-Eustace-training-Rams/story-19444937-detail/story.html

Can't win really can Cloughie?

Bryson signs a new deal, Hughes looks to be staying put, Hendrick is back in form and now we are looking at bringing in a old head on a free - who's more than capable of another season at this level.

And people call me negative?

He wants to play not sit on the bench.

So at who's expense Bryson, Hughes, Hendrick, Coutts?

Prob his last contract and has other offers.

So will prob want a fairly decent wage.

All our remaining budget should go on improving that defence that isn't top 6 quality.

Our current midfield is!

I'd of took him a few years ago, not now. I like our central midelders as they are.

Yet you'll likely be one of many including me who complain when we throw away points away from home!

He's perfect to bring on slow down the tempo and put his foot on the ball. You need experience in midfield

Yet you'll likely be one of many including me who complain when we throw away points away from home!

He's perfect to bring on slow down the tempo and put his foot on the ball. You need experience in midfield

I'm not sure how much he will help. 2 starts last season and 33 years old? I'm sure he'll be good at tracking back.

I'm not sure how much he will help. 2 starts last season and 33 years old? I'm sure he'll be good at tracking back.

Had lots of injuries. Zola offered him a new contract and the fans want him to stay. Even if he doesn't play, he'll help other players develop and also will be a good character who has been there and done that around the place

Had lots of injuries. Zola offered him a new contract and the fans want him to stay. Even if he doesn't play, he'll help other players develop and also will be a good character who has been there and done that around the place

fair point, but I'd rather have the experienced head at center half where it needs changing and can still do all you've quoted so far.

Archived