Frank Fielding

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are saying he's good enough for the championship. Then why did no championship team come in for him, if the fee is correct at 200k then why were loads of champ clubs not in for him?

I don't like this argument at all, same could be said about any player than moved anywhere.

I know his ability, as much as most - just because Bristol came in for him doesn't change how good of a player he is, just as if man utd came in for him it doesn't change him as a player.

Just like when we signed Russell 'oh, i thought he was a really good player - but if he signed for Derby he can't be that good' makes no difference, we're signing the same player regardless of fee/club/interest.

Give it a few months Ripleyram, and he will have had attitude problems, been a distruptive influence, had it away with such and such, refused to sign a new contract, and in our worse 3 keepers ever at the club.

At the moment, people wont admit that he has gone backwards since coming to us, he is just unlucky, young, etc...

I don't like this argument at all, same could be said about any player than moved anywhere.

I know his ability, as much as most - just because Bristol came in for him doesn't change how good of a player he is, just as if man utd came in for him it doesn't change him as a player.

Just like when we signed Russell 'oh, i thought he was a really good player - but if he signed for Derby he can't be that good' makes no difference, we're signing the same player regardless of fee/club/interest.

I dont understand what you are trying to say ?

Man United, Ipswich or any other team from the top two leagues in this country have not come in for him, simply because they dont think he will improve their team.  NC had him on the bench for the large majority of last season, in what was a mid table team.

He has now found his level, based upon the last 12 months or so, its a shame people dont rate his ability as highly as you do, but simple facts are, he is worth 200k to a first div club, no more, no less.

Man United, Ipswich or any other team from the top two leagues in this country have not come in for him, simply because they dont think he will improve their team.  NC had him on the bench for the large majority of last season, in what was a mid table team.

He has now found his level, based upon the last 12 months or so, its a shame people dont rate his ability as highly as you do, but simple facts are, he is worth 200k to a first div club, no more, no less.

Well its surprising no Championship team has been in for him. A lot of it is down to whos out of contract etc, Bristol City have just lost a keeper so need a new one. No Championship team apparently needed a new keeper.

How many clubs bid for Lee Grant, Chris Martin, Johnny Russell? we're doomed, doomed I tell ya!

Sort of the point, proves they are championship players dont it ?

Well its surprising no Championship team has been in for him. A lot of it is down to whos out of contract etc, Bristol City have just lost a keeper so need a new one. No Championship team apparently needed a new keeper.

But if he can improve your team, why not bring him in, like we have done with Grant.

If he is rated so highly, then Im sure we would have offers, a prem team wanting him for backup, a champ team wanting to take the next step ?

No championship team needed a new keeper, or no championship team needed Fielding ?

Basically going down to league one won't dictate his ability, or how good he is. 

A very good signing for Bristol in league one, he could play at this level - just because no championship team went in for him means nothing. 

Daily Mirror and Daily Mail (both the same thing aren't they? :wacko:) reporting that Bristol City want Frank Fielding.

£400K we paid for him, as an England under 21 International.

About to drop into League 1 on a free transfer

That's some decline in fortunes.

Don't normally give it the Barry Mcguigan on here about how I heard from a friend of a friend who used to look after a certain players dog,

I did hear during the course of the season that Adam and Frank didn't get on with each other, I fully expected 1 to leave this summer but NC really threw the ace of spades in there by signing a new keeper because now its looks likely that both will leave.

Pleased to see we're starting to shift some of the players that haven't got a role to play at the club. Need to get rid of some more deadwood and bring in another couple of players and we're about there!

I think tyson might be difficult to shift tho.

At the moment, people wont admit that he has gone backwards since coming to us, he is just unlucky, young, etc...

I don't think he's gone backwards... I just don't think he's improved that much... and I think the things he needs to improve on (positioning, decisions ect) are something it takes keepers much longer than 2 years to learn...

And decent keepers drop leagues for first team football all the time... It's the problem with their only being one position they can play, and one which doesn't tend to get a lot of injuries...

Archived