Frank Fielding

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If his agent is playing hard ball then honestly I'd prefer to keep him and let his contract run out. I read that it was his agent pushing us to let him go on a free or pay up his final year.

I fecking hate agents. We lose 400k on him cos he doesn't want to be number 2? Bizzarre.

I don't know how it works but I was under the impression we'd offered him and Legz a new deal but as we couldnt guarantee them number one spot they wouldn't sign.

That to me is a bit different to us putting him on the list. I like Frank a lot but if he, or his agent are playing funny bugger then just keep him, he'd be great back up.

Presume he is claiming that he hasn't asked for a transfer therefore we should pay him any differential in wages. But he was offered an extension on the basis that if he refused he would be made available for transfer . So he has refused to extend in full knowledge of the consequences. Not quite sure where that leaves us / him. Compromise situation to enable him to take what has been offered ??? Or refuse to play ball?? Depends how much we want his wages off the bill.

Don't see why we should be berating Fielding and his agent when the truth of the matter is we should be berating the people whom brought Fielding into the club, gave him his contract then afterwards realised he wasnt up to scratch - the same people whom are now trying to salvage some cash back out of the situation they contrived

How can that get a like?

It's too daft to laugh at.

Is it? Someone asking for what they are entitled to contractually.

It is just a job for Fielding, and he is just asking for what he signed up to.

The club have to honour this, if you can't afford it, don't offer it.

Like when people blamed the players for the Pompey situation rather than the board.

Is it? Someone asking for what they are entitled to contractually.

It is just a job for Fielding, and he is just asking for what he signed up to.

I would fully understand him holding out for every single penny if he couldn't work again or if  we could then say he can't work for a year.

That's fair surely? If he want's paid for the year then he can't work for anyone else during that time.

Otherwise he's getting his contract paid up and going to work for somoene else, he'd be getting two years money for one years work, on top of that he wants to go for free so that the buying club can put more to his salary.

That's a bit too much for me and my foolish ideals.

Don't see why we should be berating Fielding and his agent when the truth of the matter is we should be berating the people whom brought Fielding into the club, gave him his contract then afterwards realised he wasnt up to scratch - the same people whom are now trying to salvage some cash back out of the situation they contrived

Berating? Really?

I'd say they were just discussing some realistic possibilities.

There's only 1 post that comes close to berating anyone, and that's yours!

We shouldn't be berating Fielding, his agent, OR the people who brought him in - criticism is the worst possible use of hindsight.

I would fully understand him holding out for every single penny if he couldn't work again or if  we could then say he can't work for a year.

That's fair surely? If he want's paid for the year then he can't work for anyone else during that time.

Otherwise he's getting his contract paid up and going to work for somoene else, he'd be getting two years money for one years work, on top of that he wants to go for free so that the buying club can put more to his salary.

That's a bit too much for me and my foolish ideals.

Where do you get your info from ronnie?

I thought we put him on transfer list, I also thought we weren't extending his contract, offered a new one when was that?

It seems to me fielding is saying I'm willing to forfeit money to make this move happen, what is wrong with that?

FRANK Fielding was due to undergo a medical at Bristol City today.

The Derby County goalkeeper is set to leave Pride Park following Lee Grant’s return to the club this summer.

The Rams agreed a fee with City for the former England Under-21 international last week, believed to be around £200,000 plus add-ons.

The 25-year-old has not yet agreed personal terms but is expected to travel down to the West Country ahead of his proposed move.

Fielding has made 80 appearances for the Rams and still has a year left to run on his contract, having joined the club from Blackburn Rovers in May 2011, following two successful loan spells.

City, who were relegated from the Championship last season, are currently without a senior goalkeeper following the release of Dean Gerken and Tom Heaton’s move to Burnley.

Fielding is one of seven Derby players who has been made available for transfer by manager Nigel Clough this summer.

Fellow keeper Adam Legzdins is also free to leave, along with strikers Theo Robinson and Nathan Tyson, midfielder James Bailey and defenders Tom Naylor and James O’Connor.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Frank-Fielding-set-medical-ahead-Bristol-City/story-19386081-detail/story.html#ixzz2XJITl2Re 

not really - but, at least it is something.

I have no doubts he will be a success for Bristol! 

What did we get him for, £350k? He was an England U21 international at the time on the brink of being called up by Capello again and had impressed in his first loan spell here. Since then, he's been in and out of a mid-table Championship team and is miles off the England set-up. That should have halved his value.

To get a League One team to stump up £200k and possibly more is alright. More than I was expecting.

What did we get him for, £350k? He was an England U21 international at the time on the brink of being called up by Capello again and had impressed in his first loan spell here. Since then, he's been in and out of a mid-table Championship team and is miles off the England set-up. That should have halved his value.

To get a League One team to stump up £200k and possibly more is alright. More than I was expecting.

Solid championship goalkeeper, great shot stopper and has been in the England team. 

1 good season at Derby, (11/12) on top of an impressive loan spell - you could have offered me 1 million for him a year ago and I would have laughed.

this season he was in and out of form, and found himself number 2/3 choice - so for that sense 200k is good bit of business. I also think there isn't many keepers of his quality available for less than big (ish) money.

Archived