Frank Fielding

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story-19329196-detail/story.html

BRISTOL City could complete the signing of Derby County goalkeeper Frank Fielding today.

"The Derby Telegraph understands the Rams have agreed a fee with City for the former England Under-21 international, believed to be in te region of £200,000 plus add-ons"

(no point copying the whole story)

Grant joins Derby from Burnley

Heaton joins Burnley from Bris C

Fielding might join Bris C from Derby

Funny how these things happen.

We had a similar situation when we signed carroll from rangers they then signed ipswich keeper (alexander?) then ipswich signed bywater

Be sad to see Frank go and will always look out for how he does.

In my opinion his infectious enthusiasm and youthful confidence gave us a lift exactly when we needed it most. He's definitely been a good lad to have around and he's done more than enough to show he's going to be a good keeper.

at 200k it looks like we've been very fair with what we've asked for. As much as I was delighted with getting Grant for free, I think Bristol are very fortunate to be getting a 750k keeper for 200k.

He'll be joining a good club with a very decent manager. I hope he bounces back to the championship quickly, I think he's a bit too good to be playing League One. I think Bristol are a bit too good to be playing league one as well.

He might just need to calm down a bit, he seemed very highly strung towards the end of his time with us.

All the best Frank, I'll remember him forever for that Forest game where he stood up in the dugout and tried to get the rest of the lads with him to stand up as well.

"stand up if you hate forest" blaring out across the stands, frankie stands up starts trying to grab the subs and mouths "well I f-ing hate them"

Mad as a hatter and someone with a genuine passion for the game. The Bristol fans will love him.

If we was going into the season with Fielding as our number 1 I'd have no problems at all, yes he has his faults but so does every keeper and even more so at this level, Lee Grant included.

All the best down there Frankie, lots of love Daveo xxx

Archived