Frank Fielding

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bristol post quoted 200k in first edition but are now saying the breakthrough at our end re. our contract obligations came last night and they are now paying half that , 100k, which presumably gives them the slack to reach his wages demand. Apparently they had hoped we would cancel his contract so they could get him for free...................

Bristol post quoted 200k in first edition but are now saying the breakthrough at our end re. our contract obligations came last night and they are now paying half that , 100k, which presumably gives them the slack to reach his wages demand. Apparently they had hoped we would cancel his contract so they could get him for free...................

I'm afraid I just don't beleive the Bristol Post...

Sure it was 350k.

Transfermarkt.co.uk reckons £300k... But they can't spell Market...

100k for a young up and coming keeper with England international experience!! What a bargain !!

He's 25 and he struggled to get into a mid-table Championship team. His England experience consisted of sitting on the bench against Hungary due to the injuries and retirements of other keepers, most of whom are crap and are only near the national team due to our shortage of decent keepers in this country.

My point is, he's neither young, nor up and coming. He's just not the player we hoped he'd be. Time to sell him and move on.

We bought him for £350k, and it's not like he's done anything here to raise his value, has he? All he's done is get older, lose his number 1 spot and seemingly lost his confidence between the sticks.

Personally, I don't think Bristol are spending their money wisely.

so another loss on a player 

You make a loss on pretty much any player, unless you're selling them for a very significant amount more than you've paid for, and indeed have paid them, and then continue to pay them when they've gone!

Buying a player for 100k, then selling them for 100k is a long, long way from 'breaking even'

Archived