Frank Fielding

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is interesting. What would you call good business price wise for Fielding?

12 months left on his contract, been in the England senior squad (even if he watched from the stands) and unlucky to have lost his place to the form of Legzdins.

12 months left on his contract, been in the England senior squad (even if he watched from the stands) and unlucky to have lost his place to the form of Legzdins.

He is worth around 500k-750k to a team at this level, but since he wouldn't be number one here - he would be worth 150k-300k at best. 

You can't really haggle over a price for a 2nd/3rd choice keeper who will want first team football, no matter how much credentials he has to his name.

Shame really, as I said - absolute bargain for whoever picks him up! but we're not losing anything either. 

try and get the money we spent back. Don't think we'll make a profit just try and make a little a loss as possible.

He is worth around 500k-750k to a team at this level, but since he wouldn't be number one here - he would be worth 150k-300k at best.

You can't really haggle over a price for a 2nd/3rd choice keeper who will want first team football, no matter how much credentials he has to his name.

Shame really, as I said - absolute bargain for whoever picks him up! but we're not losing anything either.

Completely agree. It would be nice to break even on him but i'm not sure we'd get that.

Will be sorry to see Frank go if he does, but prefer Grant in goal for us... as for the fee, If it's less than 300k... then I hope we either a) put in a sell on clause or.... an additional payment clause based on Frank helping Bristol get promoted...In fact sod it, its such a nice day lets do both.. :)

I think Frank is a better keeper than Grant when Grant left - but, since then Grant has won POTY twice at two different clubs and accumulated a lot of experience in sides in different situations.

Grant is currently in his prime, and if we was to wait 4/5 years perhaps Fielding would be better - but, it's unfortunately a position where we could of strengthened and did!  

lets see how much he goes for then, with rush saying our players wont be sold off cheap. after all we just paid £750k for a player whos contract was due to run out. and frankies still got ayear left .

No, we didn't.

There was still one year to run on Russell's contract. 

Do a bit of research next time. This article was the third one down when I googled "Johnny Russell Dundee United Contract" - it's not difficult...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/striker-johnny-russell-pens-new-1096384

Archived