Frank Fielding

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Having placed the former Blackburn Rovers keeper on the transfer list, Derby will be duty bound to pay up the remaining 12 months of his contract should he leave Pride Park to join another club this summer.

If Derby hold out for a fee, any profit will necessarily be offset by the need to pay off the player."

I thought I knew quite a bit about football, but i dont understand that at all. Placing him on the transfer list makes no difference to the transfer surely?

"Having placed the former Blackburn Rovers keeper on the transfer list, Derby will be duty bound to pay up the remaining 12 months of his contract should he leave Pride Park to join another club this summer.

If Derby hold out for a fee, any profit will necessarily be offset by the need to pay off the player."

I thought I knew quite a bit about football, but i dont understand that at all. Placing him on the transfer list makes no difference to the transfer surely?

Read the past 5-10 posts.

We are terminating his contract early so he would be entitled to compensation

Wouldn't it be a "loyalty" bonus?

Wouldn't it be a "loyalty" bonus?

If you started work and they gave you a 3 month contract and th job finished after a month, you would be entitled to the 3 months pay, no difference whith footballers, just longer contracts.

If you started work and they gave you a 3 month contract and th job finished after a month, you would be entitled to the 3 months pay, no difference whith footballers, just longer contracts.

I know if they request a transfer they lose the loyalty bonus.

All the good goalkeepers of the past did quite well without a keeper coach. Yes it helps but it's not the deciding factor

I know some goalkeeper coaches in ice hockey. You wouldn't believe how much they can help professional goalies. I believe it is the same in football. Might be different though.

so if he is good enough at this level, why hasnt anyone come in for Frank, surely someone would see him as improving their side ?

They probably feel his wage demands would be too high for them, higher championship sides, as has been said would already have better keepers than frank.

I think he's good enough for this league, just we managed to get a better gk. If we hadn't have got Grant I think we may have stuck with either frank or adam.

I still believe that with a good GK coach Frankie can become a good keeper.

Why do you think we haven't got a good goalkeeping coach already?

Frank hasn't developed the way he should have.

He hasn't developed bottle. Still reluctant to come off his line and dominate his box. He's talented but flawed and that's why he didn't stay in the Premiership. Some keepers don't mature until 30 so there's still time for him but right now I'm not too bothered about him going. Perhaps we'll get him back again later like we did with Grant!

Frank hasn't developed the way he should have.

If we take that at face value, then it's always the coach's fault if someone doesn't improve - same as it being the teachers' fault that 42 years ago I flunked my 'A' Levels first-time around and it was nothing to do with the fact that I was high most of the time.

Archived