Frank Fielding

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is for a keeper... Got a potential 10-15 years left in him...

Wouldn't be surprised if he played for longer than Hendrick and he defo counts as young up and coming...

Young up and coming? Half way through his career and already dropping down the divisions.

The Pub may be good, and sorry if you live there, but not sure about a great place to live. It's certainly a great place to leave.

I don't live there, but my son does.

Just across the harbour from the SS Great Britain.

He's 25 and he struggled to get into a mid-table Championship team. His England experience consisted of sitting on the bench against Hungary due to the injuries and retirements of other keepers, most of whom are crap and are only near the national team due to our shortage of decent keepers in this country.

To be part of the England first team is experience, even though he was sat on the bench, irrespective of injuries etc to other players He was good enough to picked. 

25 is young for a goalkeeper, they reach there prime at around 30. The lad is still in relative terms Hopefully he will develop to be the keeper many hoped he would be when he arrived at Derby

To be part of the England first team is experience, even though he was sat on the bench, irrespective of injuries etc to other players He was good enough to picked.

25 is young for a goalkeeper, they reach there prime at around 30. The lad is still in relative terms Hopefully he will develop to be the keeper many hoped he would be when he arrived at Derby

Joe Lewis and loach were also called up and they aren't very good either, one is back up at Cardiff and one can't hold down a place at Ipswich, it means nothing, he isn't good enough, he actually wasnt as good as bywater really, he had a few Decent months but the test for a keeper is over a season and consistency

He's got another ten years tops. Hardly a significant difference to warrant such a pretentious response.

You said he was halfway through his career... 5/6 years into a (projected by your good self) 16 year career is not halfway... That would be like saying Will Hughes would be halfway through his career at 24...

Point is, 25 isn't young for an outfield player, but is very much for a keeper...

And if you can't handle the response, get the hell out of the kitchen... that was pretty tame compared to some of the stuff people fling around here...

Goalkeepers aren't really much of a pedigree breed are they? They appear to have the least to learn but take the longest to learn it!

I think it's about overall maturity as much as anything else... A young outfield player can make up for flaws in their positioning by covering more ground... When they get older and lose fitness they've had 10 years to learn more about positioning... Keepers probably learn at the same pace BUT it's a much more important part of thier game and they can't do a lot to make up for a lack of it...

Well according to this research the average age for playing as a goalkeeper is 28 based on last season in the PL.

http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/age-performance-football

Granted that keepers are playing later than outfield players, but how much is the norm?

How many clubs have a keeper over 30 in the top division, as I guess this would be pretty high if they hit their peak at 30?

I think it's about overall maturity as much as anything else... A young outfield player can make up for flaws in their positioning by covering more ground... When they get older and lose fitness they've had 10 years to learn more about positioning... Keepers probably learn at the same pace BUT it's a much more important part of thier game and they can't do a lot to make up for a lack of it...

My post was meant to be a little tongue in cheek, but serious point taken!

Well according to this research the average age for playing as a goalkeeper is 28 based on last season in the PL.

http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/age-performance-football

Granted that keepers are playing later than outfield players, but how much is the norm?

How many clubs have a keeper over 30 in the top division, as I guess this would be pretty high if they hit their peak at 30?

How picky is that? so I was 2 years out. even though when you listen to 'experts' etc they say 30 is the prime age for a keeper!!! but stats are so important are they not.

I'm sure he will do very well in League 1, get promoted and become a better player for it

How picky is that? so I was 2 years out. even though when you listen to 'experts' etc they say 30 is the prime age for a keeper!!! but stats are so important are they not.

I'm sure he will do very well in League 1, get promoted and become a better player for it

what experts are that? The ones on here??

You can call it picky; but I was merely pointing out that there aren't as many top keepers that weren't playing at the same level when they were 25.

don't matter if your peak is 20,28 or 30, if your not good enough in first place

Archived