Craig Forsyth

-JW-

Why do people think he is good though? just out of interest.

As a defender in any position, surely you take responsibility for that failure.

I wouldn't be that excited about signing him, based on what I've seen - but he isn't bad on fifa or football manager :ph34r:

FM wants him to play in mid like he did for Watford but I always play him left back ;)

Regardless of whether we get Forsyth I hope we can get an experienced player at this level Cunningham would be a good acquisition in my eyes.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/10513304._/?

Watford reluctant to sanction Craig Forsyth's move to Derby County before players added to first-team squad

4:04pm Thursday 27th June 2013 in Watford FC News By Thomas Allnutt

Picture: Action Images

Watford left-back Craig Forsyth's move to Derby County is being held back as the Hornets want to bolster their current squad before letting him leave, according to sources close to the Rams.

Forsyth made ten starts on loan at Pride Park in the second half of last season and Derby have approached Watford regarding the possibility of securing a permanent deal.

Watford revealed via twitter last week the club had rejected a bid for Forsyth from an unnamed Championship club, thought to be Derby.

But it is now understood the Rams are yet to make a formal offer for the 24-year-old as the Hornets have made it clear they want to add to their squad before they sell.

Watford drafted in 13 loanees last season and currently have only 15 first-team players permanently contracted to the club.

It is unclear which club has made a formal bid for Forysth but Derby are confident they remain in pole position to sign the left-sider.

The Rams want to secure a new left-back as soon as possible however after releasing 35-year-old Gareth Roberts, and it is believed they could turn to other targets should Watford stall on the deal for too long.

Even though it's far from ideal, I'd play the waiting game on this one - the player wants to come, he isn't going to cost much, he knows the players and the set-up...wait for Watford to sort their sens out and he will be ours.

And then another couple of years and Max Lowe may burst onto the scene!

Confirmation of what riotonmyown said:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Forsyth-set-join-Rams/story-19420814-detail/story.html

CRAIG Forsyth is set to become a Derby County player next week.

It is understood that the Rams have agreed a fee with Watford for the left-sided player. Personal terms have been agreed with Forsyth, who is due to undergo a medical at Moor Farm over the weekend.

Clough has been in the market for a left-back following the departure of Gareth Roberts and identified Forsyth as a possible replacement after he impressed the manager during a loan spell towards the end of last season. All being well, the 24-year-old Scot will become Nigel Clough's fourth signing of the summer on Monday.

Forsyth, who can also operate in midfield, made 10 appearances in his short stay with the Rams last term.

He was recalled by Watford following Derby's penultimate game of the season at Blackpool but did not feature in the Hornets' Championship play-off campaign.

Forsyth joined Watford from Scottish side Dundee in the summer of 2011 and played 22 games in his first season at Vicarage Road, scoring five goals.

However, under the management of Gianfranco Zola, he only made four appearances for the Hornets in 2012-13.

As well as his time with Derby, he also had a spell on loan with League Two side Bradford City.

Forsyth has a year to run on his contract at Watford but does not feature in Zola's first-team plans.

Despite this, the Hornets seemed initially reluctant to let the player leave due to lack of numbers among the first-team squad.

Eight out-of-contract players have left the Hertfordshire outfit and the return of 13 loanees to their parent clubs left only 15 professionals on the books.

Since then, long-serving defender Lloyd Doyley and goalkeeper Jonathan Bond have agreed new deals, with new signings apparently imminent.

Clough previously revealed that there were complications in bringing Forsyth to Pride Park but these now appear to have been resolved.

The Rams boss said last week: "We like Craig and he did well for us. I think he enjoyed his time here.

"The good thing is that he's been here on loan, so it's not like we're bringing in a brand new player.

"He's had three months with us, so he doesn't need too much time to settle in."

Derby have made three other new signings so far this summer – goalkeeper Lee Grant and strikers Chris Martin and Johnny Russell.

If we do sign dunne as well, forsyth+dunne will be the slowest leftsided part of the defense in the championship.

They are pretty clever players though as they read a pass or a long ball before it happens and that gives us an advantage.

Archived