Craig Forsyth

-JW-

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We needed a younger leftback option, and in particular one who could also offer something going forward as well as be solid defensively, and he has so far ticket all those boxes for us. I doubt he'll be the star of the show for us, but his signing is certainly a positive move for the club, and at his age and on a 3 year deal a move that offers us a bit of stability in that position as Brayford has offered us at rightback. That said, I doubt he'll prove to be of Brayford's class.

A very good signing, he will do well for us. If you saw him play for us last season you will be well aware that when he gets down the left flank he can put in a superb cross. Created a couple of goals with his crosses if I remember right.

Cue the moaners.... not seen to many yet on this thread  :(

A very good signing, he will do well for us. If you saw him play for us last season you will be well aware that when he gets down the left flank he can put in a superb cross. Created a couple of goals with his crosses if I remember right.

Cue the moaners.... not seen to many yet on this thread  :(

BCO

What's happening with Watford now any way, they don't have enough players signed up to fill the bench and are hardly making the moves in the market! Signed some youth from Reading that's about it.

The Transfer window's only been open a day! Most of the players loaned last season will be there this coming season, too.

I thought that particular loop hole was plugged?

What I meant to say was that the plan is for them to join on permanent deals. Some of them have joined the Watford pre-season camp in Northern Italy (as tweeted/Instagrammed by Troy Deeney - obviously Forsyth and Eustace didn't go as well). We've already signed a youngster from Reading's books (which some of their fans seem a bit peed off about), plus should get some new faces in. All good.

You're going to sign some good Udinese players for £1 aren't you?

We've set up a similar deal with Leeds in the past. Except they paid us £7m and we got him back with for loose change.

Not the brightest bulbs are they?

You're going to sign some good Udinese players for £1 aren't you?

We've set up a similar deal with Leeds in the past. Except they paid us £7m and we got him back with for loose change.

Not the brightest bulbs are they?

Ah, Good old Leeds. Always good for a laff.

Anyway, you are correct in theory about transferring players for little or nothing, mainly because last season they were good at the club and it would make sense to keep them there, but the long-term aim is for us to be entirely self-supporting and not have to rely on Udinese. It's good having the same owner, though.

Archived