Craig Forsyth

-JW-

Ah, Good old Leeds. Always good for a laff.

Anyway, you are correct in theory about transferring players for little or nothing, mainly because last season they were good at the club and it would make sense to keep them there, but the long-term aim is for us to be entirely self-supporting and not have to rely on Udinese. It's good having the same owner, though.

It's one of them mate where if it works for you then people will mostly be jealous. If it backfires you won't get sympathy.

Never minded Watford. Rather see it work for you than backfire. Some people were having a pop at you weren't they? Holloway?

At the end of the day there's no money in hanging around in this division. Can't blame anyone for going for it.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one of them mate where if it works for you then people will mostly be jealous. If it backfires you won't get sympathy.

Never minded Watford. Rather see it work for you than backfire. Some people were having a pop at you weren't they? Holloway?

At the end of the day there's no money in hanging around in this division. Can't blame anyone for going for it.

Absolutely. Many of us have been assertive that, had we finished 19th, nobody would have given it a second's thought. To be fair, Holloway's comments were aimed more at the Football League for having questionable rules, rather than us for doing the loaning. I mean, it's not as if we were 'on our honour' not to loan those players. I went on the Leicester forum; believe it or not, a number of them think we cheated. One of them even suggested we compensated Bolton for cheating them out of a play-off place. 

Vydra was a big source of goals can't see him coming for a quid?

To be honest, I can't see him coming to Watford next season, period. If Premier League clubs are coming up with offers (£8 million has been reportedly rejected), then sooner or later someone will get the price right. 

Absolutely. Many of us have been assertive that, had we finished 19th, nobody would have given it a second's thought. To be fair, Holloway's comments were aimed more at the Football League for having questionable rules, rather than us for doing the loaning. I mean, it's not as if we were 'on our honour' not to loan those players. I went on the Leicester forum; believe it or not, a number of them think we cheated. One of them even suggested we compensated Bolton for cheating them out of a play-off place. 

To be honest, I can't see him coming to Watford next season, period. If Premier League clubs are coming up with offers (£8 million has been reportedly rejected), then sooner or later someone will get the price right. 

What's your view on Eustace chap?

What's your view on Eustace chap?

I'll admit, he's injury-prone, but at 33 years old, that's probably going to happen. As you can imagine, he didn't get much game time, and when he did, he didn't always gel into the style of football Zola was trying to play. He is a no-nonsense, level-headed presence in the dressing room, and the head hasn't gone, even if the legs have started to. He gets stuck in and isn't afraid of taking on a player. I've never looked upon him as a bad player, but I think he's been 'structured-out' of Watford. 

We did actually offer him a new contract but it was a player/coach role (with more of the coaching and less of the playing), but John wanted to continue playing. He has done (or is doing) his coaching badges.

Leicester have spent about £20m on getting promotion haven't they? Including splashing £5m on Mills and £3m on Beckford.

They're complaining about things not fair? I guess that's why Knockaert took a 90th minute swan dive to get a penalty?

I'm sure they're trying to pip Notts Forest to the most deluded whining fans in the football league. Never happen, good effort though. Egg chasers.

I'll admit, he's injury-prone, but at 33 years old, that's probably going to happen. As you can imagine, he didn't get much game time, and when he did, he didn't always gel into the style of football Zola was trying to play. He is a no-nonsense, level-headed presence in the dressing room, and the head hasn't gone, even if the legs have started to. He gets stuck in and isn't afraid of taking on a player. I've never looked upon him as a bad player, but I think he's been 'structured-out' of Watford. 

We did actually offer him a new contract but it was a player/coach role (with more of the coaching and less of the playing), but John wanted to continue playing. He has done (or is doing) his coaching badges.

That's why he will be converted to a footballing centre back. Saves his legs, able to use his experience, not afraid to make a tackle. 6' 0" tall. Him & Keogh could be good.

That's why he will be converted to a footballing centre back. Saves his legs, able to use his experience, not afraid to make a tackle. 6' 0" tall. Him & Keogh Bucko could be good.

FTFB

Archived