Craig Forsyth

-JW-

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is good. I go and watch a lot of Crawley Town matches and when Doncaster came down, he was quality along with big Rob Jones. He is composed, steady and can put in a good tackle and reads the game very well. It was also funny because he played about 5 minutes with no left boot as it flung off when he cleared the ball and it had to hold it until the ball went out of play. Very amusing!

I thought maybe Watford had changed their mind and wanted to keep him. If they're willing to sell and it's just a matter of 50k here or there, I'd be happy to get this one tied up.

Especially as we don't know yet if the right back is hanging around or if we'll be playing young Kieran instead.

We know Forsyth settled in alright. We know he's steady even on a dodgy day and we've been trying to sign a left back for nearly two seasons without being able to bring one in.

I think it's a pretty key signing and will go a long way to giving us a solid back four.

I'm with most people on this - personally wouldn't offer anything more than a nominal fee! Not because he isn't worth it but because far from it, but a blind man can see they're playing a game here.

Look at other options and make them sweat!

I think the one thing we can guarentee with the Derby set-up at the moment is that they will ensure they only have to pay the minimum amount for a player... I quite like this "go low and keep pushing up a little at a time" method... It shows proper negotiation and that the club is thinking sensibly...

I might go higher than £350k myself though...

450k maybe try not to break 500 but either we know of his ability and he's a player we want at the club so think it will land around that amount, would be nice to see us have a steady decent left back its been years!... good old Boertien...

Not worth the money, simples.

Would have been a good signing as he proved his worth with his aerial ability last season and also attacking he got 2 assists in his short spell from memory via crosses from the left side, I can't remember Roberts ever doing that he just gave it to ward as if to say here you go I can't attack.

Also already knows the lads.

But as you say lets move on and try and get the best player in we can

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/10500557._/syth/

Says:

Derby’s chief executive Sam Rush has suggested the move was turned down because the Golden Boys “can’t trade” which is not the case as the club can sign and sell whoever they please despite the Football League’s transfer embargo.

What sort of transfer embargo let's you "sign and sell whoever you please"??? By definition that wouldn't be a transfer embargo right?

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/10500557._/syth/

Says:

What sort of transfer embargo let's you "sign and sell whoever you please"??? By definition that wouldn't be a transfer embargo right?

it's an embargo where Watford cannot sign anyone unless they go through the transfer throughly with the football league to ensure it is financially prudent. not sure about selling players I think that has to do with the fact that they don't have any players!

Archived