Craig Forsyth

-JW-

Just read that Watford have released 7 players from the club. Leaving only 15 registered players for the upcoming season , one of them being Craig Forsyth so I think we should look elsewhere :(http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22826958

There not going to release him so we can jump on him for free when we are willing to pay some money for him are they??

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazy linker

DERBY County are hoping to make progress in their pursuit of Watford’s Craig Forsyth.

Forsyth made 10 appearances for the Rams during a loan spell towards the end of the 2012-13 Championship campaign.

Derby boss Nigel Clough is keen to sign the left-sided player on a permanent basis over the summer.

The 24-year-old has been out of favour at Vicarage Road but is set to be one of only 15 professional players on the club’s books.

Seven out-of-contract players have been released by the Hornets, while 13 more have returned to their parent clubs at the end of loan spells.

Some of those could return on permanent deals but Watford are currently operating under a transfer embargo due to financial irregularities involving the club’s former owner, though they will be allowed to make signings on a case-by-case basis.

On the Forsyth situation, Rush said: “Watford are aware of our interest and Craig is as well.

“We think highly of Craig and we believe he can add to our squad.

“That’s something I’m working on at the moment and we’ll look to make progress with that as quickly as we can.”

I honestly think Watford would be daft to sell forsyth - he is an untapped resource, the only flaws in his game can be ironed out and perhaps confidence issues underpin that.

He does sometimes play 'mindless' football, where he will opt for a little dink down the line as opposed to finding a white shirt and seems slow to react at times - that's all I can point out for him.

Defensively solid, good ability on the ball and his crossing ability is definitely a dark horse for us (if he signs) If I was Watford, I definitely wouldn't sell him - but, perhaps that's because they see him as a left midfielder and in all honesty, if he was a left midfielder I don't think he would be anywhere near as effective - at left back, he has a lot more potential and that is his true position. 

I honestly think Watford would be daft to sell forsyth - he is an untapped resource, the only flaws in his game can be ironed out and perhaps confidence issues underpin that.

He does sometimes play 'mindless' football, where he will opt for a little dink down the line as opposed to finding a white shirt and seems slow to react at times - that's all I can point out for him.

Defensively solid, good ability on the ball and his crossing ability is definitely a dark horse for us (if he signs) If I was Watford, I definitely wouldn't sell him - but, perhaps that's because they see him as a left midfielder and in all honesty, if he was a left midfielder I don't think he would be anywhere near as effective - at left back, he has a lot more potential and that is his true position. 

Aye, but daft things happen all the time. Also, Watford clearly don't want him, otherwise he wouldn't have been left out of the first team set-up last season. Derby would be a good move for him.

Aye, but daft things happen all the time. Also, Watford clearly don't want him, otherwise he wouldn't have been left out of the first team set-up last season. Derby would be a good move for him.

Left out or forced out when they borrowed a full team?

Perhos now that team has gone home - and would the league sanction cheap transfers from the owners other clubs - they have no choice but to keep him

NIGEL Clough admits Derby County’s bid to sign Watford’s Craig Forsyth is proving “complicated”.

Clough is keen to recruit the left-sided player, who made 10 appearances during a loan spell with the Rams towards the end of the 2012-13 Championship campaign.

The 24-year-old has been out of the frame at Vicarage Road but is set to become one of only 15 professional players remaining on the club’s books, with 12 months left to run on his current contract.

The Hornets had 13 players on loan last season, from two clubs linked to owner Gino Pozzo – Udinese in Italy and Spanish outfit Granada.

Some of those could return on permanent deals but Watford are currently operating under a transfer embargo due to financial irregularities involving their former owner, though they could be allowed to make signings on a “case-by-case basis”.

Clough needs a replacement for released left-back Gareth Roberts and may be forced to look elsewhere if the Forsyth situation drags on for too long.

“Craig Forsyth is one that we’ve tried to do something with and we’ve got other targets as well,” said the Rams boss.

“We’ll give it a certain amount of time and if it doesn’t happen, then we’ll move on to the next one.

“It’s a bit more complicated, that’s all.

“They haven’t got very many contracted players left at Watford, so I think they’ve got to do some business themselves.

“We’ll wait so long – we like Craig and he did well for us – but there are a few others out there as well.”

The fact that Forsyth has already spent time with the Rams means Clough is willing to wait a bit longer for the former Dundee man.

“The good thing is that he’s been here on loan, so it’s not like we’re bringing in a brand new player,” he added.

“He’s had three months with us, so he doesn’t need too much time to settle in.

“But we need to know if there’s a chance of getting the deal done. If not, we’ll move on.

“It’s hard to say what will happen with Watford’s situation but we believe the player is keen to come. I think he enjoyed his time here.”

Derby chief executive Sam Rush added: “At the end of the day, if Watford can’t trade, we have to deal with that.

“It’s not a failure on our part – it’s just a fact of life.

“What we have to do is prepare ourselves accordingly and we will certainly be looking at our options in the coming days and weeks if we aren’t able to secure Craig.

“It is a position that does need filling but I am very confident we will be able to do that.”

http://m.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/story.html?aid=19342939

Archived