Craig Forsyth

-JW-

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah right – thanks for that.

It sounds like they have so few players in contract that they need to maximise the sale price for the ONE guy that anyone is interested in so that any purchases they might want to make look as "financially prudent" as possible!

it's an embargo where Watford cannot sign anyone unless they go through the transfer throughly with the football league to ensure it is financially prudent. not sure about selling players I think that has to do with the fact that they don't have any players!

They might not look favourably on transfers at a knock down price from pozzos other clubs either. Embargo really to stop the loan loophole and cheap transferr scenario

He can't really be expected to cost more than a couple of hundred thousand, surely.

He's an adequately steady full-back, who is in his last year and surplus to requirements.  (Similar to Fielding's position at Derby?)

Whilst he looked a marked improvement on Roberts, he's by far from a top quality Championship player.

It's unfortunate, as he would probably jump to come here, but if Watford don't wish to play ball, we can find as good or better for similar outlays.

Can we not do a trade or something?

Seeing as they arent going to have any players next year offer one up as replacement, I dunno who mind

Tyson?  Theo?  O'Connor?

They can have all three and we can throw in a free Callum Ball!

.There's a lot of hair-splitting going on here.................

Watford can set up / turn down deals ad infinitum. What they cannot do is complete deals without FL sanction. So they can turn down our offer based on valuation but we are correct in saying any deal is complicated by their current situation.

He did really well at left back for us, which has maybe given his career a lifeline. Personally I think he has the potential to be the best left back in the league. He does so much stuff that people don't notice - he has a real football brain and often snuffs out the danger before anyone else has spotted it, which is why he appears unspectacular.

However, to the rest of football he's a failed winger, with a year left on his contract, who Watford want to get rid of. No Championship club other than us will pay a fee for him. In truth, if Watford get £100k they'll be doing well. I'd offer that and if they refuse just make big noises about enquiring about alternative left backs. I suspect that once Watford conclude that the choice is getting £100k or paying Forsyth's contract up, they'll be back on the phone to Sam Rush.

If Watford had a full squad right now we would get him for basically nothing, a nominal fee. But seeing as they have no players they are trying to get a fee out of it.

All that news story is saying is "stop being silly buggers and sort it out otherwise we will have someone else"

And they will be stuck with a player they dont want. We are just trying to hurry them up because we want him in for pre_season

If Watford had a full squad right now we would get him for basically nothing, a nominal fee. But seeing as they have no players they are trying to get a fee out of it.

All that news story is saying is "stop being silly buggers and sort it out otherwise we will have someone else"

And they will be stuck with a player they dont want. We are just trying to hurry them up because we want him in for pre_season

Exactly. If this club didn't act so irresponsibly last season, this transfer could be easily resolved.

Archived