Lee Grant

sage

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot call him useless when he got man of the match against Man Utd a few years ago. He was unlucky when he got sent off a few years back against Reading that time and I remember him having a half decent game for us against Cardiff in the 2009/10 season.

I have seen him a few times at both burton and Derby reserves, etc, and i can honestly say i have played with keepers who have a better understanding of positions, and command of an era than he has. 

3 matches does not make you a good keeper, Luke Steele was amazing for Barnsley on their FA Cup run a few years ago, doesnt make him Gordon Banks.

In my opinion Cloughie jnr got him cos he didn't want him to be unemployed after that ONE game against Man Utd

I have seen him a few times at both burton and Derby reserves, etc, and i can honestly say i have played with keepers who have a better understanding of positions, and command of an era than he has. 

3 matches does not make you a good keeper, Luke Steele was amazing for Barnsley on their FA Cup run a few years ago, doesnt make him Gordon Banks.

In my opinion Cloughie jnr got him cos he didn't want him to be unemployed after that ONE game against Man Utd

Agreed. Boy the lad has it easy.

Earning a very decent wage for little work. Obviously good mates with Cloughie 

Sky Sports understands Lee Grant has agreed a deal to rejoin former club Derby after leaving Burnley.

Grant is believed to have agreed a three-year deal at Pride Park after turning down a new deal at Turf Moor.

The 30-year-old, who was named Burnley's player of the season, turned down the club's offer of a new deal and arrives at Derby on a free transfer.

Grant started his career at Derby and made 79 appearances for the Rams before leaving for Sheffield Wednesday in 2007.

A number of clubs were thought to be keen on signing Grant, but Derby have won the race for the keeper's signature and he is set to become Nigel Clough's first signing of the summer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8696720/Transfer-news-Lee-Grant-has-agreed-a-deal-to-rejoin-former-club-Derby-after-leaving-Burnley.

I must say that I am happy we seem to be cracking on with signings and not messing about like usual, just need to announce a new contract for the suspects and keep hold of the youngsters and we are quids in !! 

(derby were 8/1 for promotion btw) qpr are 7/4 on skybet which is very generous to them they have no chance imo of going up 

You cannot call him useless when he got man of the match against Man Utd a few years ago. He was unlucky when he got sent off a few years back against Reading that time and I remember him having a half decent game for us against Cardiff in the 2009/10 season.

Without doubt one the worse keepers I have seen a Hucknall Town, Deeney is a one match wonder, still living on that Man Utd game as you mention, and how many did he concede in the reply? Five. Seen highlights of u21 games. Awful. There is a YouTube video of our friendly against Matlock town at the start of the season, he was ***** in that game aswell.

Who was the last player to leave, then come back to Derby? I'm not counting Chris Riggott as he didn't play :ph34r:

I'm going for Seth Johnson. may not have been a better player as such, but the fact that we sold him for £7m to the dirties then got him back for nothing is good enough for me.

I think it was Seth Johnson, but maybe you could count Frank Fielding, had two different loan spells?

there was an U-21 game vs leeds in november we lost 5-0 and i have never seen a more embarrassing  performance by anyone that calls them self a goalkeeper. saul deeney fluffed everything that came his way in the most ridiculous of fashions. u coud here the coaches not so quietly f'ing and blinding about how poor he is as a keeper. its a pretty funny performance to be honest. he needs to be released asap in my opinion.

as for grant i liked him last time and he seems to have gotten better. if we make close to £1m from frank and lego then its good business and we get a solid keeper.

Archived