Lee Grant

sage

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For starters we looked far less likely to concede from set plays / crosses with Forsyth at left back, so that's (hopefully) an immediate improvement to our defence if he plays there all of next season.

we have definitely been better defensively since Forsyth started playing in defence (no slight on Roberts who has been great, just lacks height for set pieces), which is impressive considering he isn't a natural left back yet.

Fielding too short to ever make it in England. Could be decent in Europe. Can't claim a cross to save his life.

Two words -

Les

Green

Majority of which in the Premier league. Should have specified Championship football.

Shot stopping wise Frank is brilliant, the fact he kicks like a crab or some other strange animal and he constantly stays on his line is problem.

Arent all goalkeepers good or exellent shot stoppers? Surely thats why they have ended up as a goalkeeper. The big difference that I can see between an average and a good one in the modern game is the good ones command their area, they play more as a sweeper and the distribtion is a lot better in the real top ones. We thought he was rubbish when here but when Poole went to Burton he was brilliant at them things for them (even though he wasnt the biggest).

Some goalkeepers are better shot stoppers than others, Given is an amazing shot stopper, but Lambert rates Guazan a better keeper. 

Fielding is a good keeper, but he has not progressed as well as we imagined he would, plus he only a year left on his contract, so if we sell i reckon a fee of £600k would be appropriate.

Legzdins is not a good keeper at all, poor command of area, and not a great shot stopper in my opinion, plus every game i've seen with him in goal, the defence don't look comfortable in front of him.

my view - sell Fielding and Legzdins, release Deeney, Keep Atkins as number 2 behind Grant and Morch as 3

Some goalkeepers are better shot stoppers than others, Given is an amazing shot stopper, but Lambert rates Guazan a better keeper. 

Fielding is a good keeper, but he has not progressed as well as we imagined he would, plus he only a year left on his contract, so if we sell i reckon a fee of £600k would be appropriate.

Legzdins is not a good keeper at all, poor command of area, and not a great shot stopper in my opinion, plus every game i've seen with him in goal, the defence don't look comfortable in front of him.

my view - sell Fielding and Legzdins, release Deeney, Keep Atkins as number 2 behind Grant and Morch as 3

Atkins couldn't even get into Burton's team. I know that isn't something to judge him on but I'd rather have Morch on the bench to see what he can do.

Most important player on the park.

A very good signing grabbing a player in the absolute peak of his career.

An absolute steal to be bringing a player of his calibre in on a free.

Will bring a massive amount of experience and know how to the side.

This I feel may well prove Clough's best signing yet.

Hopefully Clough will let Lego go for a small fee and Fielding will be offered new terms and will learn the ropes from Grant. He's still a baby for a keeper.

Fielding is going.

I'm not saying Atkins is a good keeper, but we need 3 keepers, and Morch can't play every under 21 game and be on the bench for the league, so keep Atkins as bench keeper.

Deeney

Fielding is going to be sold to WBA, sorry if this has been posted before, couldn't see if it had :)

Highly unlikely.......

"Ben Foster - the 30-year-old England keeper - is a firm believer in stability and in his department there is expected to be no changes.

Goalkeeping coach Dean Kiely will remain an integral part of the coaching team and back-up stoppers Boaz Myhill and Luke Daniels have both signed new deals in recent weeks".

Archived