Lee Grant

sage

If we're ditching our younger keepers for someone in their peak...it suggests we want quick results, doesn't it?

Yes, that's my reading of it too.

If the other signings follow this pattern it will be interesting it see where the money comes from - investment. loans or sales.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A keeper is probably the least of the positions I'd be worried about.

I know Fielding and Legzdins are in last year of contract, but we harp on about consistency; yet swap and change the keeping ever other season isn't exactly the way to go...

Wouldn't be surprised to see another keeper brought in, Morch isn't ready and hasn't played recently...

Lol, you do make me smile! Can derby ever do anything right in your eyes!?

I know who Kev is and have less than 500 posts, you don't and have more than 5000' talk about time on your hands. Be great if Kev sticks around for the summer but tbf it was sage who got this one, not that he will be shy about reminding us...

Reminding you? Me? How rude!

Another strange nigelism.

Identify the unknown up and coming keeper who is going to be the next big thing

Sign him

Then dump him after 2 years..........

I should have known really.

It wouldnt be pre-season without one of these stories.

I've tried asking the people who give me odd tidbits of info about this. It seems Nigel soons loses his rag when people don't follow instructions, which I understand and am not criticising him for. Seemingly, both Fielding and Ledgzins lack the concentration and ability to follow instructions that Nigel expects and he has lost faith in the pair. I don't know what instructions though. If clutching at straws, distribution could be one.

I've tried asking the people who give me odd tidbits of info about this. It seems Nigel soons loses his rag when people don't follow instructions, which I understand and am not criticising him for. Seemingly, both Fielding and Ledgzins lack the concentration and ability to follow instructions that Nigel expects and he has lost faith in the pair. I don't know what instructions though. If clutching at straws, distribution could be one.

I may be wrong, but Lee Grant has excellent kicking doesn't he? could make sense.

Yes, that's my reading of it too.

If the other signings follow this pattern it will be interesting it see where the money comes from - investment. loans or sales.

What money? Most of the players we've been linked with are out of contract and therefore free. And their wages should be covered by the deadwood and the keepers leaving.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

Lol, you do make me smile! Can derby ever do anything right in your eyes!?

He makes me feel deeply sorry for him. How anyone can be so bloody miserable about everything is beyond me.

Not misreable, not at all! You should read some of you're own posts my friend.

Misreable old git was you're previous under title, very true indeed.

You go off topic in practically all you're posts too (just like the one above), to have a dig at myself or another poster.

But if you say so, old man.

Well I know Nige has said many times hes not impressed when players dont do what he tells them to.

Its been clear that this season weve let in to many silly goals and havent got enough goals from teh strikers(although weve gopt quite a few from defenders and midfielders)

But it aint clear to me that the main problem in defence has been the keepers.

We need better cover at CB and at LB, unless Barks comes back quick. Makes it even more daft to me that Shacks was let go as he could cover for both positions. Ah well.

Lets see what Cloughie comes up with but yes its a bit frustrating that Lez and Frankie were both Cloughie signings but he doesnt seem happy with either.

what a fantastic signing he'd be. he occasionally goes to the white hart in Duffield so he must still have ties round here.

I had many a pint in the white hart - mostly with my teachers from Ecclesbourne.

Archived