Lee Grant

sage

Just not sure why you're so eager to debate something, you know little about. That may seem harsh, but your knowledge is limited to what you see, ie an outcome of the process, how could you debate this in a detailed way? Do you wish to debate this with other posters who have the same restricted viewpoint or with the coaches?

The entire coaching process is for the end product, which was not good enough. That's either the coaches not being good enough, or the goalkeeper not being good enough. Of course I barely know anything. None of us do. What's the point in debating anything at all on a football forum? We're just uninformed observers in everything. Even on the off-topic section, very few people are discussing anything they really know much about.

It's the internet, we're all writing about stuff we don't know much about but that's the beauty of it, we all have an opinion and these days we have a place to share it - no matter how uninformed it is.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin Taylor might be a superb coach, but on a match day, kicking balls at our keeper, he wouldn't look out of place with a Cornish pasty in his hand.

Nor would I, but it doesn't stop me doing my job either.

Didn't we do it with Steve Davies?

I'll have you know that Steve Davies is a walking miracle, and because of that he's going to be the first person to bequeath what's left of his body to medical science BEFORE he's dead.

Pie tester?

I've been known to, but I'd be more inclined to put together an entity relationship diagram defining the logical and physical structure of said pie.

Doesn't that take the fun out of it?

Not at all.

Once I've done, then the choice comes down to whether or not I want a hard copy or a soft copy.

That depends on the crust.

I think this is really a statement of intent by SR to other players coming into the final year of their contract or rather their agents - ie don't think we can't replace you if you start to get greedy or make unreasonable demands

I think the signing stands up in its own right - but your point remains a good 'un.

• 1 month later...

Top bloke, I played in a charity match on sat and Lee came down to let the kids take pens against him and then spent lots of time playing footie with them all. Well done lee

By all accounts this is just typical of him. Always heard he's excellent at doing things like this.

Top bloke, I played in a charity match on sat and Lee came down to let the kids take pens against him and then spent lots of time playing footie with them all. Well done lee

I was at RBL on Saturday as well. He could've done one after the penalty shoot out at half time but stuck around for the rest of the afternoon. He was even good enough to let my 4 year old nutmeg him :-) Shame he was in an old Burnley kit though...

I was at RBL on Saturday as well. He could've done one after the penalty shoot out at half time but stuck around for the rest of the afternoon. He was even good enough to let my 4 year old nutmeg him :-) Shame he was in an old Burnley kit though...

If he'd let me know I think I still have one of the old Derby goaly shirts he used to wear!

Archived