Lee Grant

sage

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried asking the people who give me odd tidbits of info about this. It seems Nigel soons loses his rag when people don't follow instructions, which I understand and am not criticising him for. Seemingly, both Fielding and Ledgzins lack the concentration and ability to follow instructions that Nigel expects and he has lost faith in the pair. I don't know what instructions though. If clutching at straws, distribution could be one.

Surely that's the way it should be for a professional footballer, I have heard a lot of things (as 100% fact) that Nigel Clough is indeed, and infact a ****.. but you count how many players have progressed under his tuition then, I back him. 

I would be more worried if we had a manager that relied on 'motivation' and thinks the best method is just by being happy. 

Winning games is hard, hard work... you've got to be willing to work hard, I think that's why given the time he'll put a team together (like he has done this year) that understand what he is trying to do. 

I had many a pint in the white hart - mostly with my teachers from Ecclesbourne.

Ooh.........what year?

I had many a pint in the white hart - mostly with my teachers from Ecclesbourne.

My sister went to Ecclesbourne 1984 to 1986 though would have doubted you would have ever seen her in the White Hart, she was far too square to even go to a pub when she was in a 6th form never mind drink with her teachers :)

Surely that's the way it should be for a professional footballer, I have heard a lot of things (as 100% fact) that Nigel Clough is indeed, and infact a ****.. but you count how many players have progressed under his tuition then, I back him. 

I would be more worried if we had a manager that relied on 'motivation' and thinks the best method is just by being happy. 

Winning games is hard, hard work... you've got to be willing to work hard, I think that's why given the time he'll put a team together (like he has done this year) that understand what he is trying to do. 

Talking of Nigel. Did anyone see that Fantasy football show on TV where Lee Hendrie was on it. They were throwing questions at him about all 22 managers that he has played under including Ian Holloway, Martin O'Neil etc. They asked him "who had the worst temper?" and guess who he answered with. Yup our Nigel. 

Makes you think, he must not be as boring as he makes out in his interviews.

Talking of Nigel. Did anyone see that Fantasy football show on TV where Lee Hendrie was on it. They were throwing questions at him about all 22 managers that he has played under including Ian Holloway, Martin O'Neil etc. They asked him "who had the worst temper?" and guess who he answered with. Yup our Nigel. 

Makes you think, he must not be as boring as he makes out in his interviews.

Yeah, i've heard loads of stories... I think he is within his right to be militant about things at Derby, these are very well paid professional footballers - I would hate to have a manager that let them get away with murder. 

I know a few people that really dislike him because of the way he is, I think Davey B knows quite a lot about how Nigel works and can't stand him, me personally... I like it.

I know he used to offer his resignation quite a lot (I don't know if he has done this year) but apparently in the first open meeting between Rush and the management Nigel offered his resignation if he wanted someone else  :lol: and I like the fact he clearly isn't vying for better jobs or pushing himself into the media spotlight, even if man utd came in for him he wouldn't be able to take the job - his mind is set 100% fully on the club and the team, and doing well for them. We've got to be one of the only clubs in the whole of England that can honestly say that. 

Yeah, i've heard loads of stories... I think he is within his right to be militant about things at Derby, these are very well paid professional footballers - I would hate to have a manager that let them get away with murder.

I know a few people that really dislike him because of the way he is, I think Davey B knows quite a lot about how Nigel works and can't stand him, me personally... I like it.

I know he used to offer his resignation quite a lot (I don't know if he has done this year) but apparently in the first open meeting between Rush and the management Nigel offered his resignation if he wanted someone else :lol: and I like the fact he clearly isn't vying for better jobs or pushing himself into the media spotlight, even if man utd came in for him he wouldn't be able to take the job - his mind is set 100% fully on the club and the team, and doing well for them. We've got to be one of the only clubs in the whole of England that can honestly say that.

you don't know if he has offered his resignation this year, but then say he has with Sam Rush

Isn't that a contradiction?

you don't know if he has offered his resignation this year, but then say he has with Sam Rush

Isn't that a contradiction?

Yes, but I meant apart from the Sam Rush incident and I'm not sure, I only hear bits and pieces - the bloke I get information off isn't johnny metgod (put it that way) so unless it makes a bit of noise and a story around the club I don't get to hear about it. 

He did it a few times last season, that's for sure.

What money? Most of the players we've been linked with are out of contract and therefore free. And their wages should be covered by the deadwood and the keepers leaving.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

Why is it a conspiracy

Grant will be comparatively expensive in wages and expect a signing on fee

If we sign several more experienced Championship players, even without actual transfer fees, they will also be expensive. We don't have many senior out of contract players - Theo and Roberts? - which means that either we'll be selling, paying up contracts or increasing the wage bill. All three of which involve money coming into the club. To me, it seems perfectly reasonable to wonder where the extra money is coming from.

For what it's worth, I believe that loosening the purse strings a little is a wise move, even if it does add a little to the costs. A better team will drive income and grow the club, instead of the past few seasons of constant shrinkage.

He doesn't need to work so he's basically saying to them 'I won't play games with you, either back me and be straight with me or I'll go' In other words 'You have no power over me' 

They are funny people, his family. They are very black or white. You are either loyal or you are not. You are either genuine or you are not. Incredibly single minded

Some people say this 'my way or the highway' attitude of mind doesn't work and you have to be flexible in management. But how flexible is Alex Ferguson? Not at all. He demands that people buy into his way of doing things or they are shown the door pronto.

Archived