Let's save Sammon! Help the poor lad. Poll.

Boycie

Support for Sammon  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think if we a a offer for a nearly a million i would sell him and look for a striker that can score goals, i would put the money towards a striker worth 2 to 3 million, i think conner doyle will be one of the players to be let go, i think sadly nathen tyson will be gone in the summer i feel for tyson until conner sammion came tyson was on fire and could not stop scoring, and i think theo will be gone too he will be sold to hudderfield for around 750k.

i think if we a a offer for a nearly a million i would sell him and look for a striker that can score goals, i would put the money towards a striker worth 2 to 3 million, i think conner doyle will be one of the players to be let go, i think sadly nathen tyson will be gone in the summer i feel for tyson until conner sammion came tyson was on fire and could not stop scoring, and i think theo will be gone too he will be sold to hudderfield for around 750k.

A bit of a clear out then. I think we'd all take a mill for sammon. but the point of the post is........ it doesn't matter! i think we need a goal scorer too.

i think if we a a offer for a nearly a million i would sell him and look for a striker that can score goals, i would put the money towards a striker worth 2 to 3 million, i think conner doyle will be one of the players to be let go, i think sadly nathen tyson will be gone in the summer i feel for tyson until conner sammion came tyson was on fire and could not stop scoring, and i think theo will be gone too he will be sold to hudderfield for around 750k.

Nobody will bid around 1 million.

Doyle is going

Tyson will go on a free

Theo will be sold but not for 750k more like 300k.

Tyson never really got going but as you say started the season well.

Finally we won't buy a striker worth 2/3 million that would be a miracle.

81 for

16 against.

I think we have our answer.

The thing is I voted yes because I am behind every derby player. However I personally think derby county don't deserve to have a player of his quality as the main man up front. He can't control a ball!

I never even groan at home games when he miss places a touch or loses an aerial battle. Or the miss I couldn't bring myself to hurl abuse at him because it does dent his confidence.

But there has to be a line drawn, he has got worse since the start of the season! He has scored 1 goal in 15 games. It's not like he is suddenly going to be prolific even if he did get 2 or 3 in the last 7 games next season 2 games without a goal the phone callers will be back and he will be rubbish again.

The best thing to do would be to sell him for something ridiculous like 400k and then put that to wages for free agents Martin and Waghorn. People say oh Waghorn might not be that good he is better than Sammon in every way maybe Sammon's speed is better but he is awful in the air for his height and the only thing he brings to the team is an occasional good run and layoff and he helps defensively by pressurising defenders.

But he is cloughs 1 million man and he will be here next season so that's why I dont humiliate him at games because I know he is a derby player for the next two years.

I think he needs to go back to Scotland to be honest. We should cut our losses. Confidence doesn't mean you can suddenly control a ball, head a ball, shoot, position yourself correct or do anything else a competent striker should. I see him do things like he did to set Ward up on Friday and think he's getting there, then the very next time he touches the ball he inevitably messes up. Speaks volumes of how little we trust him to attack the ball in the air that we put him on the goalkeeper at corners.

This said, the sarcastic cheering when he touched it or the clearly over entusiastic chanting won't help. He stormed straight down the tunnel on Friday.

His penalty was two inches from being perfect, but the way he shanked it belied a lack of confidence. The fact is we can't replace him from within the current squad and Martin isn't the answer for next season. For the remaining matches we have to get behind Conor and appreciate the fact that his fitness and persistence means defenders can never fully relax against him. This often means their rushed passes are intercepted by our midfield and we gain more possession than we have in previous seasons. 

I don't believe in booing a player who has a Rams shirt on, and I know he does not pick himself....BUT apart from runnig around like a headless chicken he is quite simply crap, no other way to describe him.

Remembering what Nigel said when signing him " We have been chasing him for a long time" or words to that effect, he paid £1.2 million for him, no wonder he keeps playing him. With Nigel at the helm and the scouting system we have I would not give them 2pence to buy anyone.

When Conner pick up the ball to take that penalty I was shocked I knew he would miss, let us be honest we were very lucky to come away with the 3 points It was a case of watching 2 very poor teams in a medioca league, and one that we should be a the top of, if our leadership and board had been up to the job.

How long do we have to continue to suffer this standard of football?

I don't believe in booing a player who has a Rams shirt on, and I know he does not pick himself....BUT apart from runnig around like a headless chicken he is quite simply crap, no other way to describe him.

Remembering what Nigel said when signing him " We have been chasing him for a long time" or words to that effect, he paid £1.2 million for him, no wonder he keeps playing him. With Nigel at the helm and the scouting system we have I would not give them 2pence to buy anyone.

When Conner pick up the ball to take that penalty I was shocked I knew he would miss, let us be honest we were very lucky to come away with the 3 points It was a case of watching 2 very poor teams in a medioca league, and one that we should be a the top of, if our leadership and board had been up to the job.

How long do we have to continue to suffer this standard of football?

I am very unconvinced we paid £1.2million for him. I don't see why we would pay that for him; that fee was mentioned once by the DET and then taken as Gospel by lazy journalists.

Secondly, there is clearly something about Sammon which isn't meeting the eye. Despite his form, he's still getting picked for Ireland. For me, that says everything that's wrong with football on the British Isles, but by the same token, some are over-egging the point. Obviously he's been highly disappointing so far, but he hasn't ended the world. He has a pre-season and the run up to Christmas next season to change my mind.

Archived