Let's save Sammon! Help the poor lad. Poll.

Boycie

Support for Sammon  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You keep bringing up the word "effort", surely that's expected in the first place. I put "effort" in when I played Sunday league, doesn't make me a million pound player does it?

Steve Howard got booed/criticised when He joined, think it was seven or eight games when He found his feet. Proved all the doubters wrong by scoring 16 that season and nobody said another bad word about him throughout the rest of that champaign.

Now if Sammon put in half as much "effort" into his game as someone like Howard, I'd be the first to come on here and hold my hands up and say I was wrong. Howard tracked back to help the defence on ever opposition corner, he held the ball up superbly and he brought the likes of Peschisolido into play all the time.

There's no reason Conor Sammon can't do the same; he's younger, fitter and trained/played at the highest level.

They'll always be an excuse to defend the guy and if He was ten years younger I'd have a different opinion. But he's 26, a international amazingly, a ex premier league footballer!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You keep bringing up the word "effort", surely that's expected in the first place. I put "effort" in when I played Sunday league, doesn't make me a million pound player does it?

Steve Howard got booed/criticised when He joined, think it was seven or eight games when He found his feet. Proved all the doubters wrong by scoring 16 that season and nobody said another bad word about him throughout the rest of that champaign.

Now if Sammon put in half as much "effort" into his game as someone like Howard, I'd be the first to come on here and hold my hands up and say I was wrong. Howard tracked back to help the defence on ever opposition corner, he held the ball up superbly and he brought the likes of Peschisolido into play all the time.

There's no reason Conor Sammon can't do the same; he's younger, fitter and trained/played at the highest level.

They'll always be an excuse to defend the guy and if He was ten years younger I'd have a different opinion. But he's 26, a international amazingly, a ex premier league footballer!

But he does ... he does track back and defend, he's all over the pitch and that's part of the problem - the other players don't instinctively know where he is

"Mostyn's head is so far up his own arse that the reception leaves a lot to be desired"

"you're a bigger pillock than he-whose-head-is-stuck-up-his-arse"

"Anyone who doesn't back him is a south east corner cock"

What a moaning old goat, get out taste the sunshine.

"Mostyn's head is so far up his own arse that the reception leaves a lot to be desired"

I wouldn't worry.

Look on the Leeds thread, I said something about Clough using lack of match preparation as an excuse IF we lose and within afew hours He goes off on one all because I predicted a loss.

Just come in from tasting the sunshine.

I took a bunch of good friends and relations out for Easter Sunday lunch and do you know what? A good time was had by all. None of them came out with the sort of drivel that you appear to have made a career out of.

Mostyn and I have an understanding from elsewhere and elsewhen. Like I mentioned yesterday, I have no idea what you are like in real life, and you have no idea what I am like. This is an internet message board and if you cannot take a little dig in response to a post where you quite clearly had insulted another poster's internet persona (you quite clearly implied that they did not have a 'footballing brain' whereas you had), then it's quite clear that anything rougher than flower-arranging might be beyond you.

Just come in from tasting the sunshine.

I took a bunch of good friends and relations out for Easter Sunday lunch and do you know what? A good time was had by all. None of them came out with the sort of drivel that you appear to have made a career out of.

Mostyn and I have an understanding from elsewhere and elsewhen. Like I mentioned yesterday, I have no idea what you are like in real life, and you have no idea what I am like. This is an internet message board and if you cannot take a little dig in response to a post where you quite clearly had insulted another poster's internet persona (you quite clearly implied that they did not have a 'footballing brain' whereas you had), then it's quite clear that anything rougher than flower-arranging might be beyond you.

If you read the post properly , I actually said Sammon hasn't got a footballing brain you daft person.

I wouldn't worry.

Look on the Leeds thread, I said something about Clough using lack of match preparation as an excuse IF we lose and within afew hours He goes off on one all because I predicted a loss.

Not exactly 'going off on one'.

You said:

"3-1 Leeds

A back down to earth defeat.

Clough will complain about lack of preparation, despite having a day longer than Leeds."

Nothing about IF we lose - you posted AS A STATEMENT OF FACT.

My response was:

"Look on the bright side - it'll give you the excuse for a good whine.

Oh wait - you don't need one."

If you read the post properly , I actually said Sammon hasn't got a footballing brain you daft person.

I thought that it was me who was the insulting one. Hypocrite.

And if you cannot understand sarcasm, you really have no future on the internet.

Flowers.

Not exactly 'going off on one'.

You said:

"3-1 Leeds

A back down to earth defeat.

Clough will complain about lack of preparation, despite having a day longer than Leeds."

Nothing about IF we lose - you posted AS A STATEMENT OF FACT.

My response was:

"Look on the bright side - it'll give you the excuse for a good whine.

Oh wait - you don't need one."

How so is it a "FACT"? It's a prediction! Unbelievable.

I thought that it was me who was the insulting one. Hypocrite.

And if you cannot understand sarcasm, you really have no future on the internet.

Flowers.

That's it change the subject, because you know you was wrong regarding the "footballing brain" comment.

That's it change the subject, because you know you was wrong regarding the "footballing brain" comment.

Happy to admit I was wrong on this.

Archived