Let's save Sammon! Help the poor lad. Poll.

Boycie

Support for Sammon  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Happy to admit I was wrong on this.

HA!

Quite obvious you looking for a argument fella.

I mean "This is an internet message board and if you cannot take a little dig in response to a post where you QUITE CLEARLY had insulted another poster's internet persona (you quite clearly implied that they did not have a 'footballing brain' whereas you had)"

If that's really "quite clearly" to you, then you really are abit thick to be honest.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How so is it a "FACT"? It's a prediction! Unbelievable.

You misunderstood what I was saying - probably had difficulty seeing through the red mist.

Your previous post stated that Clough 'would use the lack of preparation time as an excuse' period - not 'would use the lack of preparation time as an excuse if we lose'.

I pointed out that it would give you a good excuse for a whine - then stated that you don't need one.

Can you deny that? Just look at your posts over this weekend and they are as characteristically vitriolic as usual.

The people who regularly post vitriolic and sometimes hateful comments are the first to whine when it is pointed out to them - hence your and gcdcfc28's responses in the last half an hour. In my case, neither digs were anything other than mildly sarcastic comments, yet you both run off crying. Basically you can both dish it out - but neither of you can take any criticism aimed at yourselves, no matter how light-hearted.

Pathetic. 

HA!

Quite obvious you looking for a argument fella.

I mean "This is an internet message board and if you cannot take a little dig in response to a post where you QUITE CLEARLY had insulted another poster's internet persona (you quite clearly implied that they did not have a 'footballing brain' whereas you had)"

If that's really "quite clearly" to you, then you really are abit thick to be honest.

It's 'a bit thick', not 'abit thick'. Abit is in Burma. Are you calling people from Abit thick? That's tantamount to racism.

You misunderstood what I was saying - probably had difficulty seeing through the red mist.

Your previous post stated that Clough 'would use the lack of preparation time as an excuse' period - not 'would use the lack of preparation time as an excuse if we lose'.

I pointed out that it would give you a good excuse for a whine - then stated that you don't need one.

Can you deny that? Just look at your posts over this weekend and they are as characteristically vitriolic as usual.

The people who regularly post vitriolic and sometimes hateful comments are the first to whine when it is pointed out to them - hence your and gcdcfc28's responses in the last half an hour. In my case, neither digs were anything other than mildly sarcastic comments, yet you both run off crying. Basically you can both dish it out - but neither of you can take any criticism aimed at yourselves, no matter how light-hearted.

Pathetic. 

The only thing pathetic Edward is you misreading peoples posts and having the front to insult them, rather than apologize..

You misunderstood what I was saying 

Pathetic. 

You are quick to put others right about being misunderstood, yet less than a hour ago you made a total tool of yourself by saying I was insulting a poster when in actual fact I wasn't. If that's not hypocritical, I don't know what is mate.

And dish what out? Crying about what? You was the one in the wrong for misreading a post, you are the one crying if anyone has a slight dig at the club and you are the one insulting people for no apparent reason.

Pot kettle springs to mind.

I cringe when his first touch is too heavy, I shudder when he gets beaten in the air and I feel sick when he misses the chances that most would put away.

However, I like it when he backs into players and holds it up, I enjoy seeing him make it through an RB and CB sandwich with the ball and I love the space he makes for everyone else.

Anybody who thinks that fans behaviour doesn't have have an effect on a player would find Full Time: The Secret Life of Tony Cascarino autobiography an interesting read (in particular when he struggled at Celtic, who signed him from Villa for £1.1m).

“Fifty thousand Celtic fans jump to their feet… They see Tony Cascarino slipping his marker and breaking free. They see the winger cross the ball low to the striker’s feet. They see a million pound player in front of an open Rangers goal with a glorious opportunity at his feet…They do not see the fear on my face at that moment. They do not believe their eyes when I swipe frantically and completely miss the target. They do not feel compassion when I fall to my knees and cover my face in shame.”
From Cascarino's biography

(that didnt happen, here he's a describing a constant reoccurring nightmare he had, by this time the Celtic fans had turned on him).

To me its not implausible that Sammon may end up having nightmares about the misses he's had this season and is stuck in a vicious cycle of feeling the pressure to end his poor run of goalscoring yet this pressure causes him to feel fear when he does get a chance and ends up missing it (like the one against Bristol and the penalty miss), in addition to the awfulness he might possibly have felt about missing those he quite possibly is aware of some of the fan's reactions to it and feels the added pressure to make amends and it goes on and on.

However i ain't privy to his thoughts and feelings he has so all of the above could well be utterly incorrect, the same applies to those who assume a 26 year old man won't be affected by what has and is going on for him this season.

Oh and I ain't no Mod or owt obviously, but there's a heated debate. Then there's baiting (Saige/Bris) and then there's insults flying around.

The first is why we are here

The second is fun/WUMming for some people

The third.... Well, how do you know your not fighting with a 10yr old sat laughing in his bedroom ? Or your next door neighbour you say hi to every morning.

It's pointless getting wound up on the Internet. Nobody ever won a fight online. Just leave it. Ignore option is there. A lot of decent posters get banned by simply refusing to give up an endless battle.

You can't make somebody agree with you if they don't want to.

Just advice like. Don't get banned.

Mate, I can have a laugh as much as the next person.

But what cheesed me off was him misreading a post of mine and then throwing his toys out the pram for his own mistake.

For him to say "you quite clearly" twice in asmany sentences and still be wrong. Hell would freeze over if I had said that on here.

Why when on an Internet forum/social networking site etc do people feel the need to argue and throw insults about? In a pub with alcohol in the system you wouldn't even get this bitchyness and irate with each other. Put your claws away and stop getting at each others throats.

I've changed a post or two instead of dishing out warnings for personal abuse.

mind you, no one warns Daveo and Boycie for bullying and harassment towards me, :(

Shurrup you tart.

Could have said stokie tart, but thought better of it.

I've always said here and on other boards, it does surprise me how badly people take other people's opinions simply because it's on the internet.

I would say exactly the same things in the pub if we were sitting around a big table with a stack of beers, and I guarantee that nobody would be offended and start name-calling. IN fact, having a couple of times braved a post match 'meeting' with fellow forum posters, and been vocal of my opinion, find myself quite good friends with the very same people who used to be offended by my opinion on t'interwebs!

Anyway, back to the topic, if Sammon is having nightmares and struggling with pressure, this is where the coaching staff earn their money and do something to ease that.

I've always said here and on other boards, it does surprise me how badly people take other people's opinions simply because it's on the internet.

I would say exactly the same things in the pub if we were sitting around a big table with a stack of beers, and I guarantee that nobody would be offended and start name-calling. IN fact, having a couple of times braved a post match 'meeting' with fellow forum posters, and been vocal of my opinion, find myself quite good friends with the very same people who used to be offended by my opinion on t'interwebs!

Anyway, back to the topic, if Sammon is having nightmares and struggling with pressure, this is where the coaching staff earn their money and do something to ease that.

can you coach idiot fans?

Mate, I can have a laugh as much as the next person.

But what cheesed me off was him misreading a post of mine and then throwing his toys out the pram for his own mistake.

For him to say "you quite clearly" twice in asmany sentences and still be wrong. Hell would freeze over if I had said that on here.

I've miss read posts and commented on them then felt a right tit afterwards.

Archived