Q and A with Sam rush

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it the season ticket speech again?

People getting excited.. We're aiming for the top 6!

How many of the 24 clubs in the NPC have said they're not aiming for the top 6.. I'd hazard a guess at about 3..

'We're serious about it' Oh really, well I'm sold, they're serious about the top 6 this time...

If they were serious about top 6 they'd do one of the following 2 options.. Get rid of Clough and bring in a better manager, or give Clough $10mill and hope he can motivate a side to promotion..

Also, why aim for the top 6.. Making the top 6 and not getting promoted is a failure, not a success.. Why put yourself through the lottery.

Your right. I'm never going to support Derby again until they win the Premiership.

Well, Forsyth and Martin 'may' be signing.. 

In my opinion, neither are good enough for the 'next step' - I prefer Forsyth more so to Martin from what i've seen, he looks a very stable and solid defender with good ability. Martin, looks okay - he can control a ball and he can hold play up, he has good footballing ability but for me, he looks slow and immobile - I hope it's just lack of fitness but, we'll see. The price would have to be right for Martin, baring in mind he'll probably on a good sum. Forsyth will be a cheap no doubt. 

And the mystery out of contract 'ex premier league' striker - well unless, he is pulling a fast one and putting martin under two headings - there isn't many realistic ones to choose from(assuming the website I found is accurate).. Simon Church, who has been on loan at Huddersfield is out of contract in the summer, as is Noel Hunt and Simeon Jackson. It would be nice to think we could bring Simeon Jackson to the club, but again, wages would have to be right, he gets goals but overall ability is lacking - Church, when I have seen him looks a very tidy footballer but in opposite fashion to Jackson he doesn't seem to get a good return for his efforts. Lastly Noel Hunt, another player I always hated seeing us play against, he has a good record against us and always causes us problems... Saying that, I think just about every reading striker has caused us problems - Doyle and Long especially used to rack up the goals against us!  :(

I think it'll be an 'interesting' summer - ultimately think we will fall short of the quality, and bulk of players we need and I think it's almost certain that at least one, maybe two key players will be gone and after Shackell was sold last season, I don't think anyone is safe. 

Everyone is up for sale, and don't think holding out for 'silly money' is an option. 

Well, Forsyth and Martin 'may' be signing.. 

In my opinion, neither are good enough for the 'next step' - I prefer Forsyth more so to Martin from what i've seen, he looks a very stable and solid defender with good ability. Martin, looks okay - he can control a ball and he can hold play up, he has good footballing ability but for me, he looks slow and immobile - I hope it's just lack of fitness but, we'll see. The price would have to be right for Martin, baring in mind he'll probably on a good sum. Forsyth will be a cheap no doubt. 

And the mystery out of contract 'ex premier league' striker - well unless, he is pulling a fast one and putting martin under two headings - there isn't many realistic ones to choose from(assuming the website I found is accurate).. Simon Church, who has been on loan at Huddersfield is out of contract in the summer, as is Noel Hunt and Simeon Jackson. It would be nice to think we could bring Simeon Jackson to the club, but again, wages would have to be right, he gets goals but overall ability is lacking - Church, when I have seen him looks a very tidy footballer but in opposite fashion to Jackson he doesn't seem to get a good return for his efforts. Lastly Noel Hunt, another player I always hated seeing us play against, he has a good record against us and always causes us problems... Saying that, I think just about every reading striker has caused us problems - Doyle and Long especially used to rack up the goals against us!  :(

I think it'll be an 'interesting' summer - ultimately think we will fall short of the quality, and bulk of players we need and I think it's almost certain that at least one, maybe two key players will be gone and after Shackell was sold last season, I don't think anyone is safe. 

Everyone is up for sale, and don't think holding out for 'silly money' is an option. 

Has he said it's a striker?

I thought he said a Premiership player out of contract.!

Maybe it's the CM he keeps talking about..

Dean Whitehead?

Archived