Q and A with Sam rush

Of course it's true. If the club could get someone to lend them £200m they could outspend everybody in the league. It might even pay off and get us promoted and then into Europe. However, it could also fail miserably and leave us with debts that are unserviceable. We go into admin, Pride Park gets sold off, Moor Farm closes, all our players have their contracts terminated. We can't fulfil our fixtures and are expelled from the league. Suddenly there is no Derby County.

OK, so it would take some monstorous stupidity, but overspending COULD put the future of the club at risk.

It is my opinion that underspending is equaly as risky as it carries the threat of an unbreakable downward spiral, which coauld also end in administration.

Sam Rush has a difficult job - to get us into the top six by the end of next season, whilst PROBABLY spending less on wages and fees than any other team likely to be in the top ten. Not impossible, but bloody hard.

You're becoming even more ridiculous with comments like that. 

Anyone COULD do anything but that isn't going to happen is it. 

Your opinion about the underspending is fair, the one about lumping a ludicrous amount onto the club seems way too farfetched.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're becoming even more ridiculous with comments like that. 

Anyone COULD do anything but that isn't going to happen is it. 

Your opinion about the underspending is fair, the one about lumping a ludicrous amount onto the club seems way too farfetched.

So I said that spending big could put the club's future at risk

You called that 'just plain ridiculous and not true'.

I don't get what your argument is. Surely it is only logical that if the club spend 'big' - by which I mean on similar levels to Leicester, Cardiff and QPR, there is a possibility of things going disasterously wrong.

Are you implying that there is no possible scenario where over-spending could threaten the future of the club?

That is just plain ridiculous and not true.

Might not put the club's existence in danger but it might well mean we have to spend another 3/4 years afterwards clearing out the dross, reducing the wage bill and rebuilding the squad all over again. 

I think that because we seem to be under a board that will not live beyond their means, if they did, we might struggle financially as a club in the long run. 

So I said that spending big could put the club's future at risk

You called that 'just plain ridiculous and not true'.

I don't get what your argument is. Surely it is only logical that if the club spend 'big' - by which I mean on similar levels to Leicester, Cardiff and QPR, there is a possibility of things going disasterously wrong.

Are you implying that there is no possible scenario where over-spending could threaten the future of the club?

It depends what your definition of spending big would be. My understanding of it is that the board wouldn't do that anyway. They've said from the outset that their aim for the club is to be self sufficient. They won't go and just lump cash at like the clubs you have mentioned. Despite the frustrations, they do actually appear to have a decent understanding of what it takes to run a business.

I don't particularly believe that a club's existence is ever in danger, club's will always be bailed out by whoever, wherever. That was more my point.

Might not put the club's existence in danger but it might well mean we have to spend another 3/4 years afterwards clearing out the dross, reducing the wage bill and rebuilding the squad all over again. 

I think that because we seem to be under a board that will not live beyond their means, if they did, we might struggle financially as a club in the long run. 

Yeah that's what I meant. They seem to know what they're doing. As frustrating as it is, waiting and waiting, this is a serious long term project. 

Of course it's true. If the club could get someone to lend them £200m they could outspend everybody in the league. It might even pay off and get us promoted and then into Europe. However, it could also fail miserably and leave us with debts that are unserviceable. We go into admin, Pride Park gets sold off, Moor Farm closes, all our players have their contracts terminated. We can't fulfil our fixtures and are expelled from the league. Suddenly there is no Derby County.

OK, so it would take some monstorous stupidity, but overspending COULD put the future of the club at risk.

It is my opinion that underspending is equaly as risky as it carries the threat of an unbreakable downward spiral, which coauld also end in administration.

Sam Rush has a difficult job - to get us into the top six by the end of next season, whilst PROBABLY spending less on wages and fees than any other team likely to be in the top ten. Not impossible, but bloody hard.

£200 million? Bloody hell, five million would probably do the trick

At the belper one I went to he spoke about players coming in etc and he said that deals are pretty much on the table for Forsyth and Martin should they want them.

And also said that were looking to bring in a former premier league player that's currently out of contract into the club whether this is to kick sammon up the b** and make him start scoring who knows. But a front 4 of potentially ward Martin sammon ( reckon k.davies ) would surely push us towards top 6?

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few good signings in August.

Is it the season ticket speech again?

People getting excited.. We're aiming for the top 6!

How many of the 24 clubs in the NPC have said they're not aiming for the top 6.. I'd hazard a guess at about 3..

'We're serious about it' Oh really, well I'm sold, they're serious about the top 6 this time...

If they were serious about top 6 they'd do one of the following 2 options.. Get rid of Clough and bring in a better manager, or give Clough $10mill and hope he can motivate a side to promotion..

Also, why aim for the top 6.. Making the top 6 and not getting promoted is a failure, not a success.. Why put yourself through the lottery.

Archived