Q and A with Sam rush

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm @NMtherams and my tweets have been posted on here, here's a brief summary of what was discussed.

Rush said the club are looking at around 6 additions in the summer, one of which he hopes to he Forsyth. 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers were mentioned. No particular names other than Forsyth, although Lampard was mentioned - as a joke I assume! He said he wants a senior pro in midfield and a more physical side. As for Martin, he's got the remaining games to prove himself and earn a deal if the club like what they see. There will be outs too but the main squad aren't for sale, only at large fees (the likes of Brayford).

Sam insisted that more money coming into the club will be spent on the playing side but did say he'll always look at the loan window, which he thinks can be very good, too.

Membership and season ticket holder priority was discussed. John Vicars said it will be reviewed and says non season ticket holders may have to pay more for their membership. Some season ticket holders have complained that members, who don't go to many games, get priority over them, who attend more regularly.

One particular fan asked if there's dialogue between Clough and the board, Rush says there is and that he speaks to Clough every day.

The owners' passion was questioned by some fans. Vicars and Rush listed the owners and what other sports clubs they're involved in. He conceded they're not die hard Derby fans but they do care and continue to write the cheques.

Car parking around the ground was mentioned. Vicars said the club's car parks are often the best option and that they work out as a good deal if you buy a parking spot for the season. The road that closes on full-time behind the North Stand has to be closed because the council said. The council also want to clamp down on the businesses charging people to park at their businesses on Pride Park.

Much the same as what they said at the Flowerpot. I can't believe for one minute that we'll get 6 players in WITHOUT selling at least one of the major assets.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but as with the Shackell sale – if you're just selling and then replacing with much the same then it seems a bit pointless. Only the agents win.

2 strikers? Realistically one might well be Martin, but if the other is going to be the goalscorer/predator that we're crying out for then they won't come cheap.

I'd expect Brayford to go. In truth, probably too good for us now. Same could be said of Bryson. Especially if both their deals are up the following summer.

I see your point about Brayford, by some distance Clough's best Derby signing, I have heard no evidence of clubs queuing up to take Bryson, if there was a decent offer surely the club should take the money.

We have players already here with superior ability plus we want a more experienced, stronger option.

I see your point about Brayford, by some distance Clough's best Derby signing, I have heard no evidence of clubs queuing up to take Bryson, if there was a decent offer surely the club should take the money.

We have players already here with superior ability plus we want a more experienced, stronger option.

I don't think Bryso would be a massive loss to be honest, decent player, works exceptionally hard and has given everything to the club but a Hendrick/Hughes midfield with a very experienced player in there too or as back-up is a much more exciting proposition for me.

Great servant to the club, played through countless injuries but if we can get some money for him (£1-1.5m I would guess) then I'd take that as decent business and invest in the wages of a senior pro for a season or two.

I don't think Bryso would be a massive loss to be honest, decent player, works exceptionally hard and has given everything to the club but a Hendrick/Hughes midfield with a very experienced player in there too or as back-up is a much more exciting proposition for me.

Great servant to the club, played through countless injuries but if we can get some money for him (£1-1.5m I would guess) then I'd take that as decent business and invest in the wages of a senior pro for a season or two.

In the current climate with very few club's at this level awash with money and the player having only a year left on his contract, his value is likely be a lot less than 1 million. If we can get what we paid, after 2 years reasonable service then that would be a decent return.

It is only the players capable of playing in the Premier League, who are really likely to attract sizeable fees. Bryson is unlikely to attract interest in a higher league.

I'd expect Brayford to go. In truth, probably too good for us now. Same could be said of Bryson. Especially if both their deals are up the following summer.

I don't agree that Bryson is too good for us. Or all that good to be honest. He is an average little 'buzzer' No way will we be offered big money by a premiership club for him 

In the current climate with very few club's at this level awash with money and the player having only a year left on his contract, his value is likely be a lot less than 1 million. If we can get what we paid, after 2 years reasonable service then that would be a decent return.

It is only the players capable of playing in the Premier League, who are really likely to attract sizeable fees. Bryson is unlikely to attract interest in a higher league.

Yep fair point actually, got a bit ahead of myself with the figures there, what did we pay?

I would still expect something upwards of £750k though, he is a good player at this level and could do a job for a bottom half prem team as a squad player possibly, I just don't think he's quite right for where we're trying to go these days, much as I think he's a top bloke.

@NMtherams on Twitter went to a Sam Rush Q&A - 

#dcfc are looking at around 6 additions in the summer, improving experience-youth balance. 2 defenders, 2 midfielders & 2 strikers

#dcfc want a senior pro in midfield. They hope to sign Forsyth. They want a more physical side. Martin has remaining games to prove himself.

we still need a 'John Eustace' (not that'd id particularly want him now)

we still need a 'Billy Sharp'

If only we bought them when we had chance 2/3 years ago.

Archived