Q and A with Sam rush

And were getting a CB cover next year as per Mr Rush's comments..

Why sell a player who has a lot of potential when I guess is on a low wage for the sake of getting rid of defenders.  

He will learn a lot from Barks, Keogh and even Bucko.

May aswell keep him for a couple of years and see what happens with him. His injuries may clear up.

When we say injuries he had a heart attack and was out, In that time he done no fitness and was bound to get issues where he knee didn't develop as he wasn't using it. He will be back once it has been cleared up.  

It's not fair to say he won't play every minute of the games once he is fit and learned something I think he has a bright future.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't Baptiste play RB as well?

​ Replacement for Brayford, when he leaves, which he will end up doing so?

This. Play him CB untill January, Sell Brayford and move him to RB when Barkers back

This. Play him CB untill January, Sell Brayford and move him to RB when Barkers back

I wouldn't want us to do that, but seen as Brayford is out of contract I can't see him signing a new one unless we're in the Play-offs come January. 

But I would like our defence to be, Baptiste - Barker - Keogh - Forsyth / White

IF, Brayford leaves. 

What? Why are people resigned to thinking Brayford will leave? I think he'll stay. Just bought a house in the area, obviously loves the club and, despite what Rush said, we're not going to get a good offer for him as he's coming to the end of his contract. Not good enough to part ways anyway.

Writing O'Brien off is premature, to say the least.

The guy is 20, still only a baby by league standards, and if he can put his injury problems behind him, he could develop into a really good player.

If someones going to one of these Q and A things ask about Baptise and Kevin Davies. Thanks :)

What a wonderful idea. Why don't we ask him for the full list of who Derby County are interested in signing this summer. I am sure that Mr Rush will be totally obliging.

How many last season? Was it about 17k?

just short of 18k I think, I refuse to believe that we have had as many, simply because everyone who has said they aren't renewing can't all be bullshitters, surely.

Obviously loads more renewed early last season (by Feb) cos they were giving away shirts and vouchers for the shop, but what he was saying was that they expect by the end of the cut off period next Sunday they will have the same as last season. Be interesting to see if he is right.

Archived