Q and A with Sam rush

Your chance for a question and Answer session with Rams CEO Sam Rush. Sam will be touring the county stopping off at Proud Partner Marston’s Pedigree pubs to take questions from Rams fans.

Sam will be at the following locations on the designated times and dates:

Monday 25th March – Black Boy, Heage, 1 Old Road, DE56 2BN, 7pm /Heanor Miners Welfare, 50 Ilkeston Road, DE75 7DT, 9pm

Tuesday 2nd April – Kings Head, Buxton Market Place, SK17 6EJ, 7pm/White Lion, Matlock, 195 Starkholme Road, Matlock, DE4 5JA, 9pm

Wednesday 3rd April – White Swan, 21 Market Place, Belper, DE56 1FZ, 7pm/The Tavern, Derby Road, Belper, DE56 1UU, 9pm

Monday 8th April – Golden Cup, Main Street, Yoxall, DE13 8NQ, 7pm/Marstons Sports & Social Club, Shobnall Road, Burton, DE14 2BW, 9pm

Tuesday 9th April – Flowerpot Derby, 25 King Street, DE1 3DZ, 7pm/Nunsfield House Social Club, 33 Boulton Lane, Alvaston, DE24 0FD, 9pm

Monday 15th April – Boundary South Normanton, Lea Vale, Broadmeadows, DE55 3NA, 7pm /White Lion, Ripley Market Place, Ripley DE5 3BR, 9pm

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are all of the venues north of Derby does he have an aversion to going to places like Melbourne or Swarkestone for example

Because all the best places are north of derby

I will go to the Normo one.

Should I ask...

Will you be giving substantial funds, ie over £2m, to NC to spend in the close season 

or

How do you propose to resolve the problem of dwindling attendances and mid-table stagnation?

or

Will the manager have more transfer funds available to him than last close season 

Questions about attendance falling are irrelevant in my opinion, the only way attendances will rise are if we become a premier league club. 

Therefore this summer should be concentrated on the players.

Will we pay enough for Aidy White

Will we give Bryson, Brayford and Ward contracts

Are we getting a cb cover for the first half of the season until january. Barker should be fully fit by then.

Ask him to name one thing of some significance that he will achieve in 12 months, that could not have been achieved without him.

Might pop down to the Boundary for this, only one junction down from me on the a38. Never been to this sort if thing before so would be interesting to see what the crack is.

I'm sure Normo has a few but I'll be back up for the boo'ers at the end when he calls it a night.

Organised boo'ing will make him take note.

Might pop down to the Boundary for this, only one junction down from me on the a38. Never been to this sort if thing before so would be interesting to see what the crack is.

I'm sure Normo has a few but I'll be back up for the boo'ers at the end when he calls it a night.

Organised boo'ing will make him take note.

I'll buy you a pint as you're in my village.

The problem with season tickets is.

People say the season ticket count is falling

The prices will rise

People moan at the price rises

However we have one of the worst revenues yields in the league and yet one of the highest season ticket counts

So technically we should be paying more

But Sam Rush can't come in and tell the fans to pay more, they won't

What can he do?

If he lowers the price of season tickets then we will be worse off as a club financially and also a reduction in price won't see more people buy season tickets. The only way there will be an increase in tickets is if the board invest, which is where the root of the problem lies. They are investing by spending 8 million a year but the 8 million doesn't get anywhere near the pitch. We get around 2 million each summer for on the pitch. I can't see what Sam Rush can do to get season tickets rising unless he lies and says there will be investment. 

If I was him I would say renew your season ticket while the price doesn't rise because we are going to invest. Then offer people the chance to refund if they are unhappy with the summer transfer window. 

Having heard Rush speak a couple of times now, I'm less inclined to go this, although I am within boo-ing distance of the Flowerpot, so I might let curiosity get the better of me.

I imagine his 7pm engagements will be much calmer affairs than his 9pm slots, by the time they finish at 10:30pm I can imagine things getting lairy.

Anyone want to place a bet that this is an unmitigated disaster? Talking to angry fans in the Toyota Suite of PPS at 6pm is bad enough (in terms of how much aggressive idiotic nonsense certain fans felt the need to spout). Add several pints of beer and  by 10pm I can see glasses flying.

Is he very brave or very stupid?

Archived