One or two loans.

sage

Let me clarify if not apparent - the point being argued was that we can pick up good players via the loan/trial system contrary to my opinion, Robinson and Fielding being proffered as two examples, I countered that one warms the bench in favour of Legzdins and the other hasn't started a game even when fit in a long long time questioning the validity of the first statement. Hope this helps.

Frank Fielding is still an important player at the club, how him being currently behind Legzdins after he took his chance while Fielding was injured.

Theo is currently behind in the pecking order to Ward, another play who was a loan to buy. What exactly is your point? Theo has scored crucial goals for us and certainly does a job. Sure, he hasn't started since the end of 2012, but I don't see why that is an issue. Are you saying that you'd rather we never signed Theo? Are you saying we could have gotten a better deal by not signing him?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank Fielding is still an important player at the club, how him being currently behind Legzdins after he took his chance while Fielding was injured.

Theo is currently behind in the pecking order to Ward, another play who was a loan to buy. What exactly is your point? Theo has scored crucial goals for us and certainly does a job. Sure, he hasn't started since the end of 2012, but I don't see why that is an issue. Are you saying that you'd rather we never signed Theo? Are you saying we could have gotten a better deal by not signing him?

Don't worry about it, have made my point twice in actual fact but you've either chosen to ignore it or the import of the statement has defeated yourself. Upwards and onwards.

Is Fielding number one choice keeper at the moment? When was the last time Robinson started a game? Nuff said

So what you are basically saying with this, and the other repeated, posts is that I was correct at the start of the season and it was a good idea but now due to loss of form in Theo's case and good form for Legzdins to keep Frank out, my point is no longer valid? What if they start the next game? Would my statement be true? confused

It's too late now, too much damage has been done over the last 3 games. To get any loans in now would be a waste of time and money, which is very valuable these days.

Give the youngsters like Bennett, Hoganson and Gjokaj their chances now. Could easily pay off very well. Bennett, in particular, could be the missing ingredient.

Although a RW wouldn't go amiss.

We definately need a decent RW.. We haven't had one for about 4 or 5 years

Also we need a striker that can control a ball..

A CB, LB and another winger are also important positions we currently need to improve..

We definately need a decent RW.. We haven't had one for about 4 or 5 years

Also we need a striker that can control a ball..

A CB, LB and another winger are also important positions we currently need to improve..

Also we need a striker that can control a ball....... or head the ball, or score goals!

Jet wondering if anyone can shed any light on what's happened to the 2 or 3 loan signings that we were all told would hopefully happen once the loan window opened ?????.Our side especially at the back is looked pretty depleted right now and haven't heard a peep since.

Any idea's Boycie ???,on what's gone on .???.

Jet wondering if anyone can shed any light on what's happened to the 2 or 3 loan signings that we were all told would hopefully happen once the loan window opened ?????.Our side especially at the back is looked pretty depleted right now and haven't heard a peep since.

Any idea's Boycie ???,on what's gone on .???.

we've been turned down? Pretty obvious really - especially with Clough saying on radio kn Saturday and tonight that "we have asked for players and been turned down"

we've been turned down? Pretty obvious really - especially with Clough saying on radio kn Saturday and tonight that "we have asked for players and been turned down"

Had not heard that but thanks for confirming.

I thought now we had Mr Rush at the club it was going to be our secret weapon in dealing with this sort of business?.

Contacts in the game,players agents etc so thought we might be looking at some quality players that we would have a chance of acquiring .But obviously my mistake.

Oh well,that's that then I guess........

I say play a centre half - Gjokai - and put Brayford at RB.

round pegs in round holes - they may not fit exactly bit better than square pegs in round holes that don't fit at all.

It's not a computer game though - Players are people, and given a role on the pitch, if they can't do that role it's because they're having a bad game, not because they're out of position - it's an excuse.

Brayford has done okay at centre half - MOTM against Hull, clean sheet against Wolves and 1 goal conceded against Bolton. What if we put Gjokaj in and he as Clough said, isn't ready - you end up with Connor Doyle mark 2.

[size=4]The most ridiculous thing here, Clough trains with these players week in week out, we've seen roughly around an hour or so of Gjokaj and because he is a centre back using that as a rod to beat Clough with. [/size]

It's not a computer game though - Players are people, and given a role on the pitch, if they can't do that role it's because they're having a bad game, not because they're out of position - it's an excuse.

Brayford has done okay at centre half - MOTM against Hull, clean sheet against Wolves and 1 goal conceded against Bolton. What if we put Gjokaj in and he as Clough said, isn't ready - you end up with Connor Doyle mark 2.

[size=4]The most ridiculous thing here, Clough trains with these players week in week out, we've seen roughly around an hour or so of Gjokaj and because he is a centre back using that as a rod to beat Clough with. [/size]

So why is he on the bench then?

Archived