One or two loans.

sage

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He mentioned we're after a striker though and Will Hoskins name was me mentioned last week but heard nothing this week.

Will Hoskins:

- Currently at Brighton

- 26, turning 27 years old before the season is over

- 52 career goals in 218 games, most in the lower leagues

- Born in Nottingham

Seems about right.

Haven't seen anyone try and explain why we need any loanees when our season is now effectively over, nothing to play for, why don't we try and give some fringe players a bit of match time? If we're having to trial loanees with a view to buying then surely this says that they are not that good anyway.

Haven't seen anyone try and explain why we need any loanees when our season is now effectively over, nothing to play for, why don't we try and give some fringe players a bit of match time? If we're having to trial loanees with a view to buying then surely this says that they are not that good anyway.

You mean players like Ward and Fielding and to an extent Robinson? Yep they weren't that good when we got them on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

If you haven't seen this then you should probs read the previous 11 pages, plenty of reasons why to get people on loan with a view to perm in the summer. A great player for someone else might not be great for us and vise versa, quite often helps to try before you buy and then the players can hit the ground running next season having already settled...

And the season isn't a write off just yet, there's a lot still to play for even if the play offs are out of reach, look to continue the excellent home form, try and figure out a better way of getting results away. Ain't over til it's over

Is Fielding number one choice keeper at the moment? When was the last time Robinson started a game? Nuff said

Robinson is a natural goalscoring threat who has scored some crucial goals this season and last.

Fielding is out of the side on the good form of Legzdins.

I don't see your point.

Robinson is a natural goalscoring threat who has scored some crucial goals this season and last.

Fielding is out of the side on the good form of Legzdins.

I don't see your point.

Let me clarify if not apparent - the point being argued was that we can pick up good players via the loan/trial system contrary to my opinion, Robinson and Fielding being proffered as two examples, I countered that one warms the bench in favour of Legzdins and the other hasn't started a game even when fit in a long long time questioning the validity of the first statement. Hope this helps.

Archived