John Brayford

Shamblez

He is very much the best right back outside the PL. he also loves to attack as well. Very hard for us to replace and the fee has to be way above the pathetic £750k that has been quoted

Have you seen all the right backs in this division play?

Good player, but he's only a right back, i'd be happy with £1.5 million to invest in a decent striker or a player in a more key position.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you seen all the right backs in this division play?

Good player, but he's only a right back, i'd be happy with £1.5 million to invest in a decent striker or a player in a more key position.

Why do people ignore the fullback positions so much...

Anything under the £2 mil mark would be a disaster.

Nobody thinks full backs are important, then wonder why their central defenders are under so much pressure. In games where the midfield gets congested, the only route to goal becomes the wings. You need full-backs who are truly on their mettle to ward off this threat, plus they are expected to support and give room to their midfield partners. You need a good engine, good positional play, the ability to cross a ball and guard aerial threat at the posts.It may come as no surprise to learn that I was a full-back and am therefore biased!

I agree that full back is a lot more important that people seem to think. The majority of our attacking play comes through our full backs. Brayford isn't worth selling unless somebody really overvalues him, but at the same time a good right back is much easier to find than a natural goalscorer and I don't doubt that Clough could replace him with spare change for a striker if the money received is good.

Id much rather take a gamble on improving the team by selling somebody like Theo and Tyson who arent currently in the first 11, and trying to improve on them.

I wouldn't think there is an ounce of truth in this, yet suddenly brayford is being portrayed as the bad guy already, I thought he had one and half years left on his contract?

Is he going to join the list if Davies, shackell, commons etc....I doubt it, but who knows

If Brayford wants to leave then the club don't really have much option but to sell him. Sam Rush can talk all day about not selling and making it hard for players to go, but if the player wants to leave the club are shafted. If the rumour is true- and I hope that it's not, the club have three choices - all of them rubbish. 1 - Offer Brayford a huge pay risen and watch every other valued player form a queue to Sam's office, 2 - Tell him he's under contract and he's staying anyway - player likely to sulk and lose form, possible disruption in the dressing room and a resale value that plummets, 3 - Sell him for as much as can be achieved.

If it were me running the club and Brzayford made it clear that he wants to leave, I'd wait for his agent to drum up a bid and then publicise it in the hope of starting an auction.

I do feel sorry for Sam Rush if this is true though, after what he said he will be in a very difficult situation - unless he can actually use the money to bring in the darling of monday's audience - Billy Sharp, which would also come with added benefit of sending the trees into apoplexy.

Not ignoring it, good fullbacks can be the difference between mid table and play offs.

But, if you had to rank positions in terms of significance you would put full back near the bottom.

How many Championship full backs go for £2 million? I cant think of many, if i had £2 million to spend i wouldnt spend it on Brayford.

If Brayford wants to leave then the club don't really have much option but to sell him. Sam Rush can talk all day about not selling and making it hard for players to go, but if the player wants to leave the club are shafted. If the rumour is true- and I hope that it's not, the club have three choices - all of them rubbish. 1 - Offer Brayford a huge pay risen and watch every other valued player form a queue to Sam's office, 2 - Tell him he's under contract and he's staying anyway - player likely to sulk and lose form, possible disruption in the dressing room and a resale value that plummets, 3 - Sell him for as much as can be achieved.

If it were me running the club and Brzayford made it clear that he wants to leave, I'd wait for his agent to drum up a bid and then publicise it in the hope of starting an auction.

I do feel sorry for Sam Rush if this is true though, after what he said he will be in a very difficult situation - unless he can actually use the money to bring in the darling of monday's audience - Billy Sharp, which would also come with added benefit of sending the trees into apoplexy.

Or tell him if he wants out he puts in a transfer request, that way everyone is clear what is happening, rather than having that underlining feeling that although we publicly deny we are in the need for money........ it would reiterate the message that we won't let our players go on the cheap.

All speculation of course, I still don't believe that the club would let him go, makes no sense.

Do I want him to go, no. If an offer comes in that Nigel and Sam think is right for the club and money is re-invested correctly, then I would support that.

The key point for me though is that if this is in the offing, then do it sooner rather than later and not wait till the last days of the window. Hopefully that way Nigel will have players lined up and have time to get them done.

As a rule deals done in the last days of the transfer windows usually result in one of the 2 clubs getting a poor deal, quite rare both clubs go away happy.

Nigel generally likes to get his work done early in the windows, let's hope this one is the same. I for one would be quite content if we did nothing.

tbh I don't think Derby will lose a single player worth keeping this month. People are just paying us attention for once.

While we've got Hughes we'll be the spunkgasm of every lazy journalist who stayed up late playing football manager

Archived