John Brayford

Shamblez

Not ignoring it, good fullbacks can be the difference between mid table and play offs.

But, if you had to rank positions in terms of significance you would put full back near the bottom.

How many Championship full backs go for £2 million? I cant think of many, if i had £2 million to spend i wouldnt spend it on Brayford.

Each position is equally as important as the next. Teams win matches not individuals. I would rank a players impact on a game and not the position they play in. Sometimes having a good game is not being a hindrance to a team mate who is playing well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait till the screw has been screwed, for all we know there isn't even a screwdriver

you can hammer in a screw.

Anyway

Who says he wants to go? Some Cardiff fan from the Far East? Fook off.

It's all ******, designed to unsettle him. Best thing we can do is get behind him.

Make him feel wanted,

Hi everyone.

I've asked my source about the rumours.

The truth is that Cardiff are definitely interested. The manager has been asked about the situation by the owners and has told them that he is very very reluctant to sell John.

However, the owners have said it remains their ambition to "break even and win". We are currently over budget slightly.

My source has said that John is very settled at Derby and that he doesnt want to leave. It would take massive money for him to consider leaving.

That's as much as I know at the moment. Sorry I can't provide more details. I will let you know once I hear anything further.

Hi everyone.

I've asked my source about the rumours.

The truth is that Cardiff are definitely interested. The manager has been asked about the situation by the owners and has told them that he is very very reluctant to sell John.

However, the owners have said it remains their ambition to "break even and win". We are currently over budget slightly.

My source has said that John is very settled at Derby and that he doesnt want to leave. It would take massive money for him to consider leaving.

That's as much as I know at the moment. Sorry I can't provide more details. I will let you know once I hear anything further.

cheers.

That's as much as I know too.

Each position is equally as important as the next. Teams win matches not individuals. I would rank a players impact on a game and not the position they play in. Sometimes having a good game is not being a hindrance to a team mate who is playing well.

Knew someone would say that, think it's b*llocks personally.

There's a reason why strikers, attackers and centre halves generally go for the biggest transfer fees, cos they're the most valuable to a team.

One other thing I was told. It would take significantly more than what has been reported for us to sell John.

i spoke to him Saturday night, slightly pissed mind but I asked wether he had any other club bid for him.. "Can't say mate" fair enough so you have then, are you leaving? "No"

In other words it will take a good offer with a fee and his own wages for the inbred stokie to leave us, he may well leave us but we will get a good price and so will he. Seems to have a lot of respect for good ode nige.

As I said earlier - Brayford is Mr. Derby County and I am not saying he doesn't have a price but its different from the Shackell situation and I think it would take 3million+ and no doubt what so ever if Brayford was offered a fair contract he would sign it - unless he likes a good lie, I've heard him talk on the radio after games and the amount of spaff he must generate when he talks about the club, players and management could pregnate a small village..

I suspect it's all noise, unless Cardiff are going to pay through the nose for what has been said a 'unimportant position' he is one of the best right backs in the division, not a world beater but he'll play in the premiership or at least could to a fair standard.

Knew someone would say that, think it's b*llocks personally.

There's a reason why strikers, attackers and centre halves generally go for the biggest transfer fees, cos they're the most valuable to a team.

I would argue that central midfielders are the real gem in any football team, and the most important part of a team - but it opens a dry good discussion for another thread at least.

Archived